IGNORED

Birmingham City

Bristol Rob

Have called in the receivers.

I assume this is different to going in to administration?

Can anyone shed any light on the situation.

I've not seen the news articles but receivership and administration are different.

You call in an adminstrator, or your creditors do, because the administrator is an insolvency expert and will take over the running of the business with a view to securing the best result for the creditors. Best result for creditors could be to keep the business going, enter into new finance options, looking at cost savings etc, ultimately a mutual benefit. Alternatively if the best interests of the creditors is to flog anything that ain't screwed down that will be done also.

Receivership is different in that whilst Administration considers the whole business and entity and its assets a receiver looks at one, or possibly several or all depending upon the type of receivership. Typically the asset is land and that's why you may have heard of an LPA Reciever (LPA being Land and Property Act). It might be that Brum have failed in mortgage payments to the bank and the bank have appointed a receiver to take back their land - a bailiff is a receiver for example.

Receivership can be called at the whim of the lender and typically the loan instrument provides for the circumstances in which one will be appointed. For example, Rovers' MSP deal has provision for appointment of a receiver - you can see it if you want on companies house for a small fee.

Have called in the receivers.

I assume this is different to going in to administration?

Can anyone shed any light on the situation.

Technically it is different but I won't ve surprised if the Football League treat it like administration eg points deductions.

I expect Millwall, Brighton etc are hoping there is a points deduction and will be after an explanation if not.

Archived