IGNORED

Ratings V Peterborough United

WolfOfWestStreet

Frankie 6 - comedy kicking but clean sheet and nothing to do

Little 7 - good game up and down the right much better than Saturday

Ayling 7- clean kit and not a bead of sweat. Walked it

Flint 8 - easy game made easier when he had to mark the smallest player I've ever seen second half. Stabbed home a close range goal. Cool as ****

Bryan 9 - tore the ex gas RB a new one, superb game my mom

Smith 7 - put himself about as standard

Pack 9 - excellent sprayed passes around nicely and put the boot in second best city player IMO

Freeman 7 - not vintage but played well

Smith 7 - not much change off their Gypo CB but led the line well and a menace in the air

Agard 8 - great energy and ran his lines well, poachers goal that will give him great confidence

Cotts 8 - completely outsmarted fergie (again) with his team set up

Crowd 8 - good efforts all round

For me:

Fielding 7 - didn't have a serious save to make, competent display

Little 7 - Good threat going forward, defended well

Williams 7 - Solid display

Flint 8 - Solid at the back and got that all important early goal

Ayling 7 - Solid display, no risks taking going forward without cover unlike .v. Blades

Bryan 9 - MoM for me, good defensive cover, a threat going forward, set-up 2nd goal

Smith 7 - Usual busy performance

Pack 6 - Good first hour, but for me faded and looked labored thereafter

Smith 6 - Well marshaled by their tall defender who was probably Posh's best player.

Agard 7 - Good industry as usual, and poached his goal.

Freeman 6 - Not at his sparkling best tonight, but worked hard

Wilbs looked spritely when he came on which is a good sign.

Good solid performance, City guilty of overplaying at times and always trying to pull off the perfect intricate move, even when under defensive pressure, but the result never looked in doubt. Was nice to see us make a flying start and look like the team dictating the game after the last three home games were anything but.

Bryan, Korey and Ayling the stand outs, no one had a bad game.

Flint 8 - easy game made easier when he had to mark the smallest player I've ever seen second half. Stabbed home a close range goal. Cool as ****

Pack 9 - excellent sprayed passes around nicely and put the boot in second best city player IMO

Smith 7 - not much change off their Gypo CB but led the line well and a menace in the air

Agard 8 - great energy and ran his lines well, poachers goal that will give him great confidence

How did Williams do

Right. It was Radio Drivel being its usual useless self. Thought so :(

I was listening, and it just sounded, well, easy. One of those days where against a poor side we got the goals at the right time. Another day and its 0-0 for ages and gets tense!

Miss the days when P'boro would come up and give us a good kicking, compete for anything and usually roll us over.

Actually, I lie.

Query for those who were there - was it as boring as Rafio Drivel made it sound?

No, not boring. We scored an early goal which helped and to be honest Posh were never in the game. As others have said even when they had the ball we looked comfortable at it was only a matter of time before we got it back. A good team performance where everybody did what they had to do. They looked confident but not complacent, lots of passing and and one touch football. To me they looked like a team who knew each other well, on the same wavelength and definately not short of confidence.

Interesting how opinions differ. I didn't think Joe was so good tonight, or rather his decision making wasn't as his overall performance was still decent as he certainly had the beating of his man. I feel like too often (especially with Smith and Agard on the pitch now) he will shoot where a cross would be a better option, as beating a keeper at his near post is odds against, or crosses at an inopportune time. He's impressed me a lot this season though so I'm not knocking him in general or anything!

Fielding's kicking was a little off - noticeably as he'd improved it lately compared to the start of the season, and I thought Pack had an extremely impressive first half and then faded for the last 30m or so, he is a little casual at times. His long passing can be fantastic though.

Was nice to see Wilbraham back, and Agard did alright although the ball bounces off him a lot but he's been out so that's forgiveable and I'm really glad he got his goal to help his confidence as we'll be looking more to him once Smith leaves soon. My MoM would have been Korey - but to be honest, I think i'd be saying him or Freeman nearly every week this season, they're both a joy to watch! Everyone else was solid.

edit: For ratings I'd give:

Fielding - 7 Solid as usual these days apart from a few kicks

Little - 7 Got up and down the wing well but still could be more end product for me

Flint - 7 Standard Flint, didn't have much to do!

Ayling - 7 As above

Williams - 7 As above again

Joe - 6.5 Mentioned above

Korey - 8 Class as always

Pack - 8 for 45m, then a 6 Mentioned above

Freeman - 7 Not as hot as he can be, but he's still too good for this division

M Smith - 7 Does what he's on the pitch to do very well

Agard 6.5 Poor first touch, and a lot of energy without really threatening for me, but got his goal and is always lively and looking to be involved

I am really starting to believe that our 'average' performance is just to good for most in this league, bar maybe the top 4 or 5. Sounded like that tonight.

Colchester is my 4th away trip this season, had 2 wins and a draw, so hopefully it will be number 3 win!

I know you won't be able to read this , but yes.

God knows what the marks will be when we put in a very good performance.

Pack guilty more often than not of putting colleagues under pressure with needless backwards passes.

And yet most people adored Skuse for doing the very same thing for nearly a decade!

I enjoyed it, though there was a slight chill in the air! Peterborough didn't have a shot on target until their header in the last minute which was straight at fielding but he held onto then threw himself on the floor for fun. Everyone looks good, the defensive structure of the back 3 plus Corey smith is key to our season, and have all been excellent. Bryan is beautifully balanced and very good in the air too, I kinda get the impression he is playing slightly within himself, not sure if anyone agrees, or maybe it's just his style of play. Good times though!

Helen Keller is able to assess players better than some of you.

Joe Bryan was the best player on the pitch this evening.

Joe played very well. But I can still call into question at least 3 times he should've crossed the ball first time, a further 3 where he cut inside when there was more space outside, 2 very weak right footed shots and 1 cross he played too early instead of looking up and picking a man.

I'm not criticising Joe, he's been a real breath of fresh air this season, but he's still far from competent in his 'decision making'. Once he nails that, then we'll see him off to Everton for 4 mil!!!

Crowd was an 8???

What was West ham then?

If West Ham was a 10 then tonight was about 3.

That being said, good win and performance from the players. Up the city

Joe played very well. But I can still call into question at least 3 times he should've crossed the ball first time, a further 3 where he cut inside when there was more space outside, 2 very weak right footed shots and 1 cross he played too early instead of looking up and picking a man.

I'm not criticising Joe, he's been a real breath of fresh air this season, but he's still far from competent in his 'decision making'. Once he nails that, then we'll see him off to Everton for 4 mil!!!

You can call all the players in to question, that's why they ply their trade in league one!

Well you obviously are criticising Joe.  Strangely, you didn't notice the worst part of his game tonight though.

I always wonder at these MoM awards.  I won't have Joe in the top 3 players tonight.

Crowd was an 8???

What was West ham then?

If West Ham was a 10 then tonight was about 3.

That being said, good win and performance from the players. Up the city

I actually thought it was relatively noisy for a freezing Tuesday night against a team of non-entities.

I'd have Flinty MOTM actually. Not tested much, but didn't put a foot (or head) wrong when he was, and scored a goal.

On A side note: is Poshhs Turkish substitute striker the smallest man in English football? You know you're watching a tiny fella when Luke Freeman towers over them.

I am really starting to believe that our 'average' performance is just to good for most in this league, bar maybe the top 4 or 5. Sounded like that tonight.

Colchester is my 4th away trip this season, had 2 wins and a draw, so hopefully it will be number 3 win!

In many games City haven't had to get out of first gear.

Back in September I think I declared between me an you, City are going up ;)

Yes, some teams have been competitive and other times we've self-sabotaged but we are where we are for a reason.

Archived