IGNORED

Why Do You Go To Ashton Gate?

SARJ

Just love the place.  The memories of great games over 35 years of watching city, the noise, the basic facilities and general friendliness.  Thats AG. Started when my old man took me in the late 70's, a lad from Taunton, straight into the packed home end.

Nowadays when we can go I travel 200 mile round trip from North Devon, pick up my old man on the way in Taunton and the day begins.  Its not so often this season for various reasons.  We always used to blag into Dolman bar despite not being ST holders just to get the buzz of the pre-match crowd.  Can't justify a ST when you can only get to less than 10 games so good old Dave L eventually got us dispensation tickets to get into the Dolman bar for pre-match drinks a few seasons back when I asked.

I've sat in every stand, practically every block, sometimes because I had to just to get a seat somewhere. 

And even listening on the internet live - I am there.  I know which direction the players are facing, where the singing is coming from, the picture is set.

Thats why I love going to Ashton Gate

Just love the place.  The memories of great games over 35 years of watching city, the noise, the basic facilities and general friendliness.  Thats AG. Started when my old man took me in the late 70's, a lad from Taunton, straight into the packed home end.

Nowadays when we can go I travel 200 mile round trip from North Devon, pick up my old man on the way in Taunton and the day begins.  Its not so often this season for various reasons.  We always used to blag into Dolman bar despite not being ST holders just to get the buzz of the pre-match crowd.  Can't justify a ST when you can only get to less than 10 games so good old Dave L eventually got us dispensation tickets to get into the Dolman bar for pre-match drinks a few seasons back when I asked.

I've sat in every stand, practically every block, sometimes because I had to just to get a seat somewhere. 

And even listening on the internet live - I am there.  I know which direction the players are facing, where the singing is coming from, the picture is set.

Thats why I love going to Ashton Gate

Thats what I call a City Supporter..............probably like me its in 'the blood' we are the mods !!! :city:

Archived