IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Londoner

Marlon pack has to start on Tuesday as keeps the ball better than Elliott and range of passing iis much better as is ariel ability. Will he be as good as Wade when he was in his prime then the answer is probably no! That said, he is better now and aside from MK, Wade has struggled

Pack as mf anchor allows Korey a freer mf marauder role linking with the more forward Freeman.

We wouldn't have seen runs through the middle as people said happened at Colchester with Pack there.

As for Wade. I don't slate the man at all, I think age is just wearying him at this stage of the season.

Do you not bring in loan players to supposedly strengthen the team...pretty logical really.

Do you not find it strange that a player with proven league 1 pedigree has been overlooked with no explanation ?

Personally i would like to know the reason why considering the inconsistency of our midfield presently.

Loans often just supplement the squad as opposed to being 'better' than what a team already has.

In the games I've seenSaville, he offered nothing that Pack already doesn't. No reason to push a permanent player out of the squad if the loanee is no better. Saville is a decent player but right now, there is no reason he should be above Pack in the pecking order.

You mention the inconsistency of our midfield. Personally I believe the problem is solved by pairing Korey and Pack. Our best performances have come with this pairing and we are more solid defensively.

I wasn't there yesterday but according to reports (and mates who were there) Colu played 2 up top and hit them long and often. One of Pack's biggest strengths is dealing with the aerial threat. I have no doubt our centre backs would've fared better with Pack clearing a lot of the long balls. He does it superbly but many don't notice it.

#pickpack

Starting tonight. Lets see how he does.

Sounds like he's had a very good game so far.  How many times has the commentator said "headed away by Pack" or "cleared by Pack".  As I said earlier in this thread, a lot of folk don't see the mopping up work and protection he gives that back 3. 

Oh, there's also been half a dozen "great ball from Pack" comments, plus what was described as a "gorgeous ball by Pack" in creating the 3rd goal.

I will of course await the 'just got back' thread and hear the opinions of those who are there, but it sure sounds as if he's done very well and been influential.

Sounds like he's had a very good game so far.  How many times has the commentator said "headed away by Pack" or "cleared by Pack".  As I said earlier in this thread, a lot of folk don't see the mopping up work and protection he gives that back 3. 

Oh, there's also been half a dozen "great ball from Pack" comments, plus what was described as a "gorgeous ball by Pack" in creating the 3rd goal.

I will of course await the 'just got back' thread and hear the opinions of those who are there, but it sure sounds as if he's done very well and been influential.

Certainly doesn't sound like we've been cut open like we were on Saturday. He protects the back 4 well. Donny's only goal a worldie effort.

I think Cotterill said in the pre match that was likely to happen for the rest of the season. Pack then Elliott and continue.

Then more fool Cotterill, in my opinion.  Pack has started only 8 times this season, a 5-2-1 record, with only 6 goals conceded in his starts.  These games include Cov away, Pboro away, Gills away, which will go down as our most complete away performances this season.

We are a better team with Pack & Smith pairing up in the middle.  No question.

Since Swindon away, Wade has found no form and Pack should be selected ahead of him - especially away from home.

would you like a side a smug with your burger!

No I see you already have it!

Tbf I did I agree with your original point!

I think in this particular instance, the smugness was well deserved following Mr Sods Laws outrageous suggestion!!

Big few months ahead of him.....

Out of contract, not a regular starter, and very inconsistent.

Baring I mind there is a high chance we will be promoted, what are people's thoughts of a new deal?

We know their is a gulf in quality between the 2 leagues, and he IMO has struggled this season...bar the odd games against Peterborogh and Coventry.

Need to compete, thanks but no thanks Marlon?

This looks like another" Matt Smith is awful" post after another outstanding performance from Marlon Pack tonight.

Archived