IGNORED

Campaign To Get The Wurzels To Produce An Even Better Anthem For Us

where's the joy

Not going to happen, they are winding down more and more over the years

Does DUTC need updating?

We had one for the Bristol city re-released a few years back - not sure this needs messing with

does beethoven's 5th symphoney?

you don't mess with the classic......

anybody know them well, happy to ask?

but we need a fresh version of 'drink up thee zyder' or a new anthem that can be sung much louder and for longer with loads of clapping

dave clark five's 'glad all over' is 50 years old but still gets the hairs standing up on the back of your neck as an example

I'm getting older, I don't like change

NO, NO and thrice NO.

The Wurzles were just Agde's backing group and not in the same class. Suggesting they produce a new version of an Adge song is like suggesting Frank Sinatra's session musicians produce a new version of My Way

I know I am going to get some stick here, but the Wurzels are simply pants, drink up the cider is dirge.

Anything but the Wurzels please, even Buck's Fizz would be better.

You're right, you are going to get stick, that's utter bollocks.

You're right, you are going to get stick, that's utter bollocks.

A few weeks ago when the free scarves were being suggested many fans wanted them to be raised above their heads like liverpool when they sing ymwa. We dont have an anthem for which to do that. Bcfc needs imo a slow song to sing imo.

I know I am going to get some stick here, but the Wurzels are simply pants, drink up the cider is dirge.

Anything but the Wurzels please, even Buck's Fizz would be better.

It may not be musically the best or most original .

It may not be the "in "thing"

It may be a "dirge" but it's our dirge and given the theatre where it's sung ,full of emotion and memories it can still bring a little tear to the eye when i hear it .

So ,leave it alone .

A few weeks ago when the free scarves were being suggested many fans wanted them to be raised above their heads like liverpool when they sing ymwa. We dont have an anthem for which to do that. Bcfc needs imo a slow song to sing imo.

Maybe you can find an Adge Cutler and the Wurzels Classic that would do the job. I suggest repeating the chorus to 'Chitterling' it's quite slow and anthemic.

I look forward to you starting it next home game, I'll join in. :P

Will GJ still be available ? And is it fair on Cotts to replace him after winning promotion ?

We need GJ for the choreography or something squire? And an emphatic yes IF we go up as Champions but if you want to leave it until the end of the following season when I predict we will blast our way straight through the Championship and into the Prem then fine by me also. ;)

dave clark five's 'glad all over' is 50 years old but still gets the hairs standing up on the back of your neck as an example

I watched a programme about the DC5 the other day and didn't realise that the Crystal Palace anthem was recorded by a staunch Spurs supporter!

Archived