IGNORED

Just Back...a Serious Wake Up Call.

cityexile

Sounded as if Tavernier was as well, is that fair comment?

Yes and no, be unfair to pick on him for a shocking team 30 mins. Really difficult to explain how easy they took our 532 apart in that early part of the game. Just walked through midfield, played it wide, got crosses in. If we had played ok and lost, it would have been 'ok, one of those things'. This was Sheff Utd away last year bad.

Unlike last year they then got stuck in and gave if a go. However, we really cannot afford to many more halves like that this season. The only saving grace is that apart from Preston, the others are dropping points to.

Sounded as if Tavernier was as well, is that fair comment?

I thought he was alright, I'm rubbish at keeping track during a game and take no notes, I respect the otibers that have better memories or do take notes. No better than what we've got but I still can't wait to see that fluke goal from a proper angle! To be fair in the first half we were all pretty poor, goals it looked like poor defending, keeping, but I was almost at pitch level and the goals were up the other end.

On another note white seats behind that goal so from where I was sitting (and the fact no Colchester fans were in that section) means that you can't actually see the posts and bar.

A well written report from a Colchester perspective, maybe a bit kinder to us than we have been;

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/139808/us-3--2-bristol-city--noahs-view/#0

Although maybe more expected about Cotts post match interview!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/139797/our-shocking-pitch!/#4

And the interview itself

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31567389

Thought his last line summed up his mood!

Pretty honest interview from Cotts.

To be fair, as an earlier poster said, we've been average since the West Ham game, even in wins against Port Vale and Posh.

Could be that the number of games are catching up with a small squad.

Maybe, although that period includes Mk and Fleetwood as well.

To be fair, few teams play two up front and go for if against us. When they have, we have always not looked entirely secure at the back. If it was tiredness today, it was mentally early on. In this league, you have to earn the right to play first.

Think we are all feeling the pressure, us, 2 defeats in 4, same with MK, Swindon 4 in 5! Opening up for Preston, and it's all about momentum at this stage. We have got a pile of this type of game coming up now - no panic, but we do need to learn from it.

Fielding was at fault for the first and third goal for me. But pretty much everyone was poor first half.

Second half a real fluke goal got us back in to it and then it was one way traffic until the end - just couldn't find an equaliser.

That is 2 Saturday's in a row we have conceded three goals in a short space of time. Very worrying. Need to get back to basics I think.

Fielding was at fault for the first and third goal for me. But pretty much everyone was poor first half.

Second half a real fluke goal got us back in to it and then it was one way traffic until the end - just couldn't find an equaliser.

That is 2 Saturday's in a row we have conceded three goals in a short space of time. Very worrying. Need to get back to basics I think.

Just seen the goals.

For me, first goal maybe Fielding should do better, but their player equally has gone in to him on the line, making no contact with the ball, and only with Fielding. Would expect it to be given as a foul nine times out of ten nowadays.

Second goal, just all defense ball watching, no one at all picking up their player.

Third goal, Flint lets him get the shot away, would expect Fielding to do better on his near post.

Poor defense in thirty minutes. Something we gave been solid at in the main. Get that right.

Good header by Flint for his goal. Maybe in hindsight given that could have left Smith on for a little longer straight after that.

Their goals bugger all to do with the pitch.

I would agree on the superfan bit.

We were 3-0 down. Just because several rows in front want to sit down, watch the utter shite football and not stand up to another "stand up if you hate the gas " - does not mean they are not fans.

We were all there today supporting the club. We don't need to be told who is more a fan than others.

Crikey.. is that what is starting to happen at away games now?

That'll just do the job then in keeping a bigger following from going to these matches. Pretty darn childish and very selfish.

That'll just do the job then in keeping a bigger following from going to these matches. Pretty darn childish and very selfish.

Apart from the really big followings, our away vocal support has been poor in recent seasons.

Perhaps they should take note, for home games, of the  little group of around 40 or so enthusiastic U's fans that created a good atmosphere, with a drummer who actually knew how to use it properly and encourage the singing. 

I was at the front today in the 'sitting' section, couple of little uns (who were brilliant, one suggested he'd like to go to the park after the 3rd went in) in front of me and surrounded by those picking up their winter fuel payments. Free seating allows those to sit at the front so they can get a view and still sit. 'A sit where you want' game always sorts itself into the usual structure and I think works well.

I think you must have been sat behind us as I believe the said youngsters was my nephew and my mates boy.

If you play two wide men pressed up against Williams and Ayling we will struggle as exploits gaps between Wing backs and we lack pace. We have to deal with it better but both Sheff U and ColU did this and we looked vulnerable. I know we've not conceded many but in my opinion we've got away with it until now.

Was at the game yesterday and a few thoughts to add to those written already...

First half performance was dire, need to come out with much more aggression off the ball and especially movement off the ball (and players wanting the ball) which wasn't present. Second half we started to do those things and it paid off. Can't wait for 0-3 though, must be from the start.

Secondly on fans and participation....it was a bit quiet first half but at 3 nil wasn't a great deal to cheer. Second half was pretty loud though.... Had we scored with 20 mins to go firmly believe we would've won....just lost a bit of momentum.

Third, no need to panic in terms of season, a loss to Donny would be a concern, but all we need to is maintain gap to third to 4-7 points

Local radio interview with CU manager after game...he stated they watched the sheff utd game and set themselves up the same....more work on training ground needed as others will also now be aware and we have to counteract it...as for game ...agree with reports above...

The one trip pony phrase has beeb brandished about a bit recently, there's definitely a degree of truth there too.

99% of times we've blown teams away by the time they've worked us out, it'd be nice to have a plan b but I think this season at least, our one way will just about get us "over the line"!

The one trip pony phrase has beeb brandished about a bit recently, there's definitely a degree of truth there too.

99% of times we've blown teams away by the time they've worked us out, it'd be nice to have a plan b but I think this season at least, our one way will just about get us "over the line"!

I don't really think it's anything to do with teams working us out. If we play to the best of our ability, we're the best team in the league. Simple as that. It's just that yesterday we didn't turn up.

Shouldn't that be "one trick pony"?

As much as the defense was poor i think it would really help them to have a better keeper. Bar one great save against Rochdale Fielding has been shaky. Also all three goals were preventable, especially the 3rd. All im saying is that if we need to invest in anyone its a keeper as it would help the confidence of the defence.

As much as the defense was poor i think it would really help them to have a better keeper. Bar one great save against Rochdale Fielding has been shaky. Also all three goals were preventable, especially the 3rd. All im saying is that if we need to invest in anyone its a keeper as it would help the confidence of the defence.

I was not there today, but in every game I have seen there has been no sign that the defence have any lack of faith in Fielding. If the defence and midfield were doing their job Fielding would have nothing to do!

one day they will wind the wrong person up by calling them a 'boring ****' for not standing up or joining in their cringe worthy effort at 'red army'and are likely to get the biggest smack in the gob they've ever had.

Doesn't augur well for Wembley.

Lots of trouble amongst Sheffield United fans inside Wembley last season, apparently caused directly by some 'superfans' trying to force others to support the team in their way.

Didn't hear anything about it at the time, quite a shocking read.

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/blades-fans-fighting-each-other.34267/

Doesn't augur well for Wembley.

Lots of trouble amongst Sheffield United fans inside Wembley last season, apparently caused directly by some 'superfans' trying to force others to support the team in their way.

Didn't hear anything about it at the time, quite a shocking read.

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/blades-fans-fighting-each-other.34267/

sounds dreadful. You get idiots on both sides. No need for head-butting!

A well written report from a Colchester perspective, maybe a bit kinder to us than we have been;

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/139808/us-3--2-bristol-city--noahs-view/#0

Although maybe more expected about Cotts post match interview!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/forum/139797/our-shocking-pitch!/#4

SC's post-match interview on youtube is pretty cringe-worthy.

Blaming the pitch and then going on a rant about COLU's players being "famous" for going down with head injuries - WTF?!

SC is a meticulous manager and he'd of know if COLU's pitch was that bad and changed his tactics accordingly.

Just be honest Steve - we turned up and thought we could brush COLU aside and got punished, badly. Much improved second half but now he has to make sure we get a positive reaction at Donny tomorrow night.

SC's post-match interview on youtube is pretty cringe-worthy.

Blaming the pitch and then going on a rant about COLU's players being "famous" for going down with head injuries - WTF?!

SC is a meticulous manager and he'd of know if COLU's pitch was that bad and changed his tactics accordingly.

Just be honest Steve - we turned up and thought we could brush COLU aside and got punished, badly. Much improved second half but now he has to make sure we get a positive reaction at Donny tomorrow night.

Listening on the radio you could understand Cotterill fuming - the number of 'head injuries' sustained by Clochester players in the last 15-20 minutes was ridiculous, and, with none of them turning out to be serious, or perhaps even genuine, little wonder he was infuriated..

It's just deceit and time wasting pure and simple. The ref. didn't then add on sufficient time to compensate and it looks to me like Colchester's first goal would usually have been disallowed, so all in all the officials had a poor, and very frustrating, game as far as City were concerned..

Nothing dishonest or cringeworthy about being upset about the antics of the Colchester players, or showing frustration at them not being punished by more time being added. Especially if they are indeed known for this, and perhaps the ref. had even been specifically asked to look out for it.

Like at Sheff.Utd last season there's little doubt he was furious with certain players too, and hopefully we'll see the same positive reaction.

As for the pitch, the players are spoilt for quality at AG, and perhaps that's a problem when confronted with much less pristine conditions away from home.

That complaint is the only one I'd fault him with in the interview, and I'd put that one down to genuine frustration. On a more general note I'm pleased to see a City manager so openly livid after such a performance, and if there were perceived injustices as well then he's absolutely entitled to voice them. 

Wasn't there but from what I saw on TV he flapped at one hit it back into the pen area straight to the ColU player who scored  

Listening on the radio you could understand Cotterill fuming - the number of 'head injuries' sustained by Clochester players in the last 15-20 minutes was ridiculous, and, with none of them turning out to be serious, or perhaps even genuine, little wonder he was infuriated..

It's just deceit and time wasting pure and simple. The ref. didn't then add on sufficient time to compensate and it looks to me like Colchester's first goal would usually have been disallowed, so all in all the officials had a poor, and very frustrating, game as far as City were concerned..

Nothing dishonest or cringeworthy about being upset about the antics of the Colchester players, or showing frustration at them not being punished by more time being added. Especially if they are indeed known for this, and perhaps the ref. had even been specifically asked to look out for it.

Like at Sheff.Utd last season there's little doubt he was furious with certain players too, and hopefully we'll see the same positive reaction.

As for the pitch, the players are spoilt for quality at AG, and perhaps that's a problem when confronted with much less pristine conditions away from home.

That complaint is the only one I'd fault him with in the interview, and I'd put that one down to genuine frustration. On a more general note I'm pleased to see a City manager so openly livid after such a performance, and if there were perceived injustices as well then he's absolutely entitled to voice them.

Presumably Cotts saw the pitch before kick off and adjusted the game plan to suit the conditions .

Archived