IGNORED

Team For Tuesday

healeyred

JET was utter horseshit yesterday.

Even if he was it seemed a strange decision to take him off when 3 nothing down. Agard on the right in a 442 in place of tavanier (even though he scored) looked like the more attacking option with Agard in what many believe as his best position.

Bullying tactics again. Am I suppose to changed my opinion because you want me to?

Don't think anyone was bullying you mate. Your opinion on Pack differed and others were just offering their alternative opinion. 2 very fair arguments and it ought to be kept civil.

What screwed your end of the argument was the ludicrous names you pulled out as alternatives, which, with no bullying occurring, and with the greatest of respect, pretty much everyone thought was rather laughable.

3-5-2, I'd maybe put Pack and Saville in. Freeman has looked off the pace for a bit now. Maybe having 3 ball playing midfielders might help us keep the tempo, Also Agard and Smith up front.

Freeman has not looked off the pace. My thoughts, and the comments from the vast majority on here think he's still been one of our best performers in the last month. I find this comment quite odd, though you are perfectly entitled to it.

Fielding

Little

Ayling

Flint

Williams

Bryan

Smith

Pack

Freeman

Smith

Agard

Pack deserves his place back in the team, shouldn't have been dropped after his performance on Tuesday. Shame Saville has been frozen out because of one bad half vs Fleetwood.

This would be my team for Tuesday.

Freeman has not looked off the pace. My thoughts, and the comments from the vast majority on here think he's still been one of our best performers in the last month. I find this comment quite odd, though you are perfectly entitled to it.

All about opinions but he seems to be trying to do a bit too much recently. He was pretty poor at Colchester but I don't think having zero movement upfront helps him.

Games coming thick and fast now. Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday. It's all about shuffling the pack and resting the right players at the right time. It's easy for people to say ' why tinker'.

Wade Elliott is in the twilight of his career and the amount of games being played is catching up on him, at his age.

I think Joe has struggled defensively of late.

Frankie has started making the odd ricket .

Wilbraham and Agard look like they're a few games off match fitness.

Time for us to all pull together and drag this team over the line.

We've played some of the best football since Joe Jordan's era this season IMO.

would be nice for us to become the 12th man.

COYR

Or does Cotts stick with the team the system that see's us sitting on top of the league with games starting to run out? There is also the pride issue, I don't think anyone can argue that the first half on Saturday was about as poor as we've been all season, no doubt the hair dryer treatment was used at half time so those players surely will want to show what there made off on Tuesday night. No need to drop anyone no need to panic put it down to a bad day at the office and let the players who let themselves down on Saturday put it right on Tuesday. Keep believing guys we're top for a reason, simply because we have beaten more teams than anyone else in this division and with games starting to run out there is no reason why we cant carry on winning more than we loose and escape this division at last!

I am going up Tuesday.

I'd play

Fielding

Little

Williams

Flint

Tavernier

Elliott

Smith

Freeman

Bryan

Smith

Agard

Starting XI

Is that a 442?

Little is our best right wing back, but if playing a back 4, Ayling must be the right back

Are you putting Tavernier at left back?

Elliot in a midfield 2, on present form = defeat.

Or am I mistaken and this is the usual 352 with one of Little or Tavernier playing 3rd centre back?

I'm intrigued and confused by your selection. Please can you explain your rationale?

I would prefer to see two of Wilbraham/Agard/JET starting so that we can start to get used to having no Smith to rely on..

I really think that it is an over reaction to suggest abandoning the formation that has served us so well based on a couple of poor performances.. I would think that SC has worked on tightening up the areas that are a problem and we will be back to winning ways on Tuesday.

When we lost two on the bounce to Swindon and Preston, there was a similar knee-jerk reaction on this forum and suggestions that we change the formation.

Cotterill stuck with the same formation and personnel and was rewarded with one of our best performances of the season away at Peteborough.

We have 15 games to go and we are 7 points clear of third place, having lost only 5 times in 31 matches, all of which have been started with 3-5-2 and roughly the same personnel.

Yes, on the odd occasion the formation will not work out for us, and one of those occasions was yesterday at Colchester. But broadly speaking it is a tried and tested formula which has served us very well - as the above statistics prove - and I believe panicking into wholesale changes to the way the team is set up would be an over-reaction to one poor performance.

Don't think anyone was bullying you mate. Your opinion on Pack differed and others were just offering their alternative opinion. 2 very fair arguments and it ought to be kept civil.

What screwed your end of the argument was the ludicrous names you pulled out as alternatives, which, with no bullying occurring, and with the greatest of respect, pretty much everyone thought was rather laughable.

When someone insults your intelligence because they don't agree with your opinion is bullying. Obviously me creating a list of poor past it midfielders when asked to compose a list of options better than pack went over some peoples head.

Any who it seems Pack is a lot like skuse in the way he plays and the way he divides opinion. Not my type of players but appeal to others. luckily none of us get to choose the team, that's down to Cotts and hes doing a great job (because he doesn't play Pack :shifty: )

COYRs

When someone insults your intelligence because they don't agree with your opinion is bullying. Obviously me creating a list of poor past it midfielders when asked to compose a list of options better than pack went over some peoples head.

Any who it seems Pack is a lot like skuse in the way he plays and the way he divides opinion. Not my type of players but appeal to others. luckily none of us get to choose the team, that's down to Cotts and hes doing a great job (because he doesn't play Pack :shifty: )

COYRs

When you come up with a list of players like you did then the question is - what intelligence?

Agree with the comments above.

As an aside, as not seen it mentioned, am I the only one who thought their first goal was a clear foul on Fielding (having now seen it on the box?).

In modern football, it was a foul on Fielding.

If it was year 1958, it was very similar to Nat Lofthouse of Bolton shoulder charging Manure keeper Harry Gregg in mid air for Bolton's first goal of the FA Cup Final.

apart from a couple of odd substitutions, Cotts hasnt done much wrong with his selections. it just didnt work saturday so i hope he tries his best squad again tomorrow and see how they do then. that team has done fine previously, why shouldnt it still work against a side with different qualities and strengths??

I didn't see Saturdays game but the only really ever bad game I saw Ayling have was against Gillingham in the home paint pot. He had Tavernier infront of him who was causing him all sorts of problems. KSmith and Ayling both had to have a go at Tavernier for being out of position on numerous occasions, but it was Taverniers first home game I think. He did improve when I next saw him. Maybe Ayling and him haven't clicked yet? I would still choose Ayling over him because of his partnership with Flint, don't want to break that up too much.

Having said that of course both Tavernier and Flint scored the only goals, so what do I know.

I didn't see Saturdays game but the only really ever bad game I saw Ayling have was against Gillingham in the home paint pot. He had Tavernier infront of him who was causing him all sorts of problems. KSmith and Ayling both had to have a go at Tavernier for being out of position on numerous occasions, but it was Taverniers first home game I think. He did improve when I next saw him. Maybe Ayling and him haven't clicked yet? I would still choose Ayling over him because of his partnership with Flint, don't want to break that up too much.

Having said that of course both Tavernier and Flint scored the only goals, so what do I know.

I think we need to remember that Mark Little had a whole pre-season with this squad training as a wing-back whereas Tavernier has come in as a right-back and is essentially being asked to play, albeit slightly, out of position.

I think we need to remember that Mark Little had a whole pre-season with this squad training as a wing-back whereas Tavernier has come in as a right-back and is essentially being asked to play, albeit slightly, out of position.

Yes I agree with that and add that Little has on several occasions has needed to be nursed through fixtures. No doubt on Saturday the plan was to rest him for Tuesday but it unfortunately didn't work.

When we lost two on the bounce to Swindon and Preston, there was a similar knee-jerk reaction on this forum and suggestions that we change the formation.

Cotterill stuck with the same formation and personnel and was rewarded with one of our best performances of the season away at Peteborough.

A game that Marlon Pack started... #PickthePack

Archived