IGNORED

Missing Matt

Redmycolour

I may be wrong but u don't think Wilbraham or AGARD will keep us top . Wilbraham is not match fit yet as cotts stated yesterday. And AGARD is too LIGHTWEIGHT and I don't rate him he's proved he's not a reguar goalscorer. . We're going too miss MATT.unless COTTS gets a decent striker on loan ASAP.If that's possible now.I know quite a few of you won't agree.but that's what I think.THOUGHTS

I may be wrong but u don't think Wilbraham or AGARD will keep us top . Wilbraham is not match fit yet as cotts stated yesterday. And AGARD is too LIGHTWEIGHT and I don't rate him he's proved he's not a reguar goalscorer. . We're going too miss MATT.unless COTTS gets a decent striker on loan ASAP.If that's possible now.I know quite a few of you won't agree.but that's what I think.THOUGHTS

Interesting use of capitals.

I AGREE WITH YOU JET

Agard got something like 27 goals in 56 starts for Rotherham in the league and 8 for us so far? That's pretty regular for me....

Agard too lightweight? He is a different sort of player to Matt Smith, and therefore we play a different style to suit him, he plays a holding up roll with his back to the goal often, and brings other players into scoring positions,that is the sort of football that paid off for City before MS no reason to think it won't work now.

Wilbraham would have scored and finished all the chances Matt Smith has had. Against West Ham Wilbraham would of finished off the 2 or 3 chances Smith had. Wilbraham has more pace and technical ability than Smith and holds up the ball just as well. Not sure what the fuss is about Smith. Yes he has scored alot but against weak opposition when he couldnt miss...

Wilbraham would have scored and finished all the chances Matt Smith has had. Against West Ham Wilbraham would of finished off the 2 or 3 chances Smith had. Wilbraham has more pace and technical ability than Smith and holds up the ball just as well. Not sure what the fuss is about Smith. Yes he has scored alot but against weak opposition when he couldnt miss...

Harsh. Did you see Smith's goals away to Gillingham?

Can I be the first to say that I think Matt smith is a one hit wonder and I feel won't replicate what he has done for us again should we sign him in the summer. I honestly think we should make the most of being in the championship (should we get there) to bring in players of greater quality from the prem.

I fear Matt smith will make us too one dimensional.

I may well be wrong so apologies if what I say offends those who have boarded the Matt smith train

Can I be the first to say that I think Matt smith is a one hit wonder and I feel won't replicate what he has done for us again should we sign him in the summer. I honestly think we should make the most of being in the championship (should we get there) to bring in players of greater quality from the prem.

I may well be wrong so apologies if what I say offends those who have boarded the Matt smith train

Completely agree that he won't replicate the kind of form we've seen from him again.

i too am a little concerned,  agard reminds me of a liam robinson player, runs around a lot but doesnt score much, and abes has been out for a long time and will take a while to regain his form / sharpness.

Liam Robinson scored 4 in a season, despite missing a month Agard already has 9 and there is the small matter of the 26 he got last season for Rotherham.

Harsh.

And i don't think wilbraham will replicate his goal scoring record before he was injured.

So why didn't he convert his chances at Colchester?

Stockhausen in the Post made Agard man of the match on Saturday.  Wilbraham will regain his sharpness eventually, but it might take a few matches.  Hardly surprising that he wasn't at his sharpest on Saturday.  I'd still like to see at least one more striker brought in.  The more senior among you might remember how Joe Jordan brought in first Iain Ferguson and then Nicky Morgan in 1990, even though we had the Turner/Taylor partnership, and it paid dividends...

Stockhausen in the Post made Agard man of the match on Saturday.  Wilbraham will regain his sharpness eventually, but it might take a few matches.  Hardly surprising that he wasn't at his sharpest on Saturday.  I'd still like to see at least one more striker brought in.  The more senior among you might remember how Joe Jordan brought in first Iain Ferguson and then Nicky Morgan in 1990, even though we had the Turner/Taylor partnership, and it paid dividends...

Great point.

Morgan in particular was vital in stepping into the breach when Super Bob got injured against Crewe and Robbie Turner (never prolific) had stopped scoring by then.

When Smith goes back to Fulham I do hope we have a short term solution in mind.

Archived