IGNORED

Malware Bytes

Dollymarie

So i've had this on my laptop for about 3 years now, and it's suddenly started saying "my trial has ended" but it won't let me just have another free version, it only gives me the option to buy the paid version.

Do I just need to delete it from my computer and then download another one.

I genuinely cannot see an option to just have another free version like I do when I just renew the product key for my Avast once a year.

Help!

Your version will still work but you have to do manual updates and system scans,once expired MBs does not run in the background, deleting it and reinstalling will not work,it will still say trial expired buy full version, you could try a restall on a different ip address, around a friends house but i think the free trial is only 3 months.

Your version will still work but you have to do manual updates and system scans,once expired MBs does not run in the background, deleting it and reinstalling will not work,it will still say trial expired buy full version, you could try a restall on a different ip address, around a friends house but i think the free trial is only 3 months.

Like Dolly, I take advantage of the free Avast system (which seems to work for me) together with Malwarebytes.

I have no problem with having to run Malwarebytes manually, generally on a weekly basis as, living abroad, I frequently stream sports broadcasts, but, in your opinion, are these two systems effective?

I used to subscribe to McAfee, but have been unable to detect any difference between the two systems.   

But I've had it for years, like two years at least.

Dont know then dolls, can only assume that it was free software but now they give a 3 month trial then you buy, i installed it around 6 months ago but did not buy when the trial period finished, still got it just do manual updates and weekly scans.

Like Dolly, I take advantage of the free Avast system (which seems to work for me) together with Malwarebytes.

I have no problem with having to run Malwarebytes manually, generally on a weekly basis as, living abroad, I frequently stream sports broadcasts, but, in your opinion, are these two systems effective?

I used to subscribe to McAfee, but have been unable to detect any difference between the two systems.   

I used to run Avast Phil but it really slowed down my laptop, have tried norton, bitdefender, but again they were slowing down my pc, infact bitdefender was garbage, kept on getting the dreaded blue screen, i now run microsoft security essentials with MBs and its spot on, touch wood no problems to date..i run windows 7 ultimate and like yourself i stream loads of sport.

I used to run Avast Phil but it really slowed down my laptop, have tried norton, bitdefender, but again they were slowing down my pc, infact bitdefender was garbage, kept on getting the dreaded blue screen, i now run microsoft security essentials with MBs and its spot on, touch wood no problems to date..i run windows 7 ultimate and like yourself i stream loads of sport.

How interesting.

I have a very close relative who works for MS in a senior position, and he advised me that their (MS) own system was pretty basic and, unless I was using 'dodgy' sites - I am not, just the sports  :innocent06: - I should not fear any problems.

Nevertheless, I continue to run the detailed Avast and Malwarebytes on a weekly basis and am amazed at how many infections they identify.

I always run the scan, and  :fingerscrossed: , have no problems currently.

Archived