IGNORED

The Run In ! (Merged)

phantom

Surely neither Swindon nor MK Dons can expect to get any more than W8 D2 L1 in their remaining matches.  Even that would be astonishing, given their recent form.  That suggests the maximum either will get is 90 (Swindon), so I stick with 91 for automatic at this stage.  That means five more wins from eleven matches, and if we don't get that we don't deserve to go up!  As to the title, I think Preston are capable of W8 D2 L2, so we might need at least 95 points (W5 D4 L2).

The scenario of beating Swindon to clinch automatic is very much on.  If we can get at least 10 points from Yeovil (A), Gillingham (H), Crewe (H), Barnsley (H), Oldham (A) (and we ought to get 15 points, but life never quite works out like that), then the Swindon match may very well clinch it.

Surely neither Swindon nor MK Dons can expect to get any more than W8 D2 L1 in their remaining matches.  Even that would be astonishing, given their recent form.  That suggests the maximum either will get is 90 (Swindon), so I stick with 91 for automatic at this stage.  That means five more wins from eleven matches, and if we don't get that we don't deserve to go up!  As to the title, I think Preston are capable of W8 D2 L2, so we might need at least 95 points (W5 D4 L2).

The scenario of beating Swindon to clinch automatic is very much on.  If we can get at least 10 points from Yeovil (A), Gillingham (H), Crewe (H), Barnsley (H), Oldham (A) (and we ought to get 15 points, but life never quite works out like that), then the Swindon match may very well clinch it.

90 & 95 for promotion and the title are spot on IMO.  As you say, its for us to throw away now.

Swindon away vs. Doncaster and Preston home vs. Peterbrough could be tough for those two.

Good to see Crewe have us straight after Preston, hopefully they'll be knackered after a tough away day.

As for Sheffield, they'll be lucky to stay in the play offs on their form.

Peterboro are crap

Still on course for this prediction pre Roch....

H to Rochdale = 3 pts = 70pts

A to L Orient = 3 = 73

A to Crawley = 1 = 74

A to Yeovil = 3 = 77

H to Gills = 1 = 78

H to Crewe = 3 = 81

H to Barnsley = 1 = 82

A to Oldham = 3 = 85

H to Swindle = 3 = 88

Personally I think 88 will be sufficient for auto promotion but we may not know it on the day

If we go to Preston and beat them I think that will be the day we will be promoted. If we don't win it then it will be the next game. I can see us losing only once more by the end of the season and it will be against Walsall.. not in the JPT but last match of the season to get revenge for us beating them at Wembley when we are already champions and have taken our foot off the gas.

I know that you're too modest to say so... But you're now actually in credit :clapping:

If we carry on gaining momentum like this then I guess it's possible that we could even be promoted while watching Swindle and MK fight out a boring 0 - 0 draw on the telly :P

BTW. Swindle's rearranged fixture with Walsall is missing from the fixture list at top of thread.

COYR's

Although things are still in our favour/own hands we have won nothing yet, after all the efforts to date. All could come down to a season defining week in April, when things will be settled in 3 crucial games.

Yes, it could be squeaky bum time.

Yes, we have some tough fixtures, but so have other contenders for promotion and the title.

Yes, we might lose a couple but on the other hand, we may win one or two unexpectedly.

Yes, we could possibly do with a fourth striker.

But we are THIRTEEN POINTS in front of Swindle who have ten games to play.

Thirteen points is not an impossible gap to erode, but only the most wildly optimistic Swindle fan will believe that it is possible so to do.

No, we are not yet promoted, BUT WE WILL BE!

Have faith in a manager and players who are winners. They will not let us down and more importantly, they will not let each other down.

If we can get 7 points out of the next three we can afford to lose to Swindon, Preston and Bradford Imo and still get promotion with wins against cov and Walsall.

Tonights game looks the easiest on paper we really need these 3pts however, or the following games will suddenly look much harder.

Crewe will be smarting from Sat and will be looking to bounce back, having already beaten us this will be no walk in the park. Must win game imo.

Yes, we have some tough fixtures, but so have other contenders for promotion and the title.

Yes, we might lose a couple but on the other hand, we may win one or two unexpectedly.

Thirteen points is not an impossible gap to erode, but only the most wildly optimistic Swindle fan will believe that it is possible so to do.

Have faith in a manager and players who are winners. They will not let us down and more importantly, they will not let each other down.

We have a great squad and manager, however things could look different by this time next week. We have won many battles but not the war..........just yet.

Agree with all this. I also think that the game against Swindon could be the one that clinches promotion. If after that game we are 19 points ahead of Swindon then they cannot catch us. One game at a time though.

I get the point you are making, except for the highlighted part.....even Preston away, which is incredibly tough, I wouldn't call it 'unexpected' if we went there and won. We've been top all season, no win this season would be 'unexpected', surely?

I get the point you are making, except for the highlighted part.....even Preston away, which is incredibly tough, I wouldn't call it 'unexpected' if we went there and won. We've been top all season, no win this season would be 'unexpected', surely?

Fair point. Maybe I should have said "one of the potentially harder games".

For instance, I think that our two toughest games will be Barnsley at home because they are flying at the moment.

And Bradford City away because firstly the ploughed field and secondly they are an ugly, rough, niggly mob and coming just after a tough but not impossible game at Deepdale.

What we obviously don't want is to be heading to preston with them having something to hold onto. In that scenario I would be very happy to hold them for a point, as they will no doubt come at us big time. If we go there with the lead still a healthy eight or nine points then they themselves may be more interested in what's behind them rather than in front if them, employing a more protective mentality rather than being in hunter mode.

Interesting and very useful that Swindon still have to play all of the other teams in the top four.

6 pointers are going to have a big bearing on what the final points total required will be.

If the right results come out of the right matches, then it's quite conceivable that we only need another 6 points for promotion, although we won't know it at the time.

I think the title is going to be a close run thing though!

Fair point. Maybe I should have said "one of the potentially harder games".

For instance, I think that our two toughest games will be Barnsley at home because they are flying at the moment.

And Bradford City away because firstly the ploughed field and secondly they are an ugly, rough, niggly mob and coming just after a tough but not impossible game at Deepdale.

I would even argue that 'potentially' shouldn't be in there, Cidered! I winced looking at some of the games we've got, A quick tot up I gave us another 15 points, which whilst I'm sure will be more than enough, proves to me that I'm still glass half full with this! It still worries me that we haven't had a bad run yet, not suffered with injuries - if we really go through the rest of the season without losing 3 on the bounce and missing 4 first choice players with injuries then we really have had the dream season

Enjoy it kids, it really will have been a once in a lifetime season

I would even argue that 'potentially' shouldn't be in there, Cidered! I winced looking at some of the games we've got, A quick tot up I gave us another 15 points, which whilst I'm sure will be more than enough, proves to me that I'm still glass half full with this! It still worries me that we haven't had a bad run yet, not suffered with injuries - if we really go through the rest of the season without losing 3 on the bounce and missing 4 first choice players with injuries then we really have had the dream season

Enjoy it kids, it really will have been a once in a lifetime season

I had also predicted 15 points from our remaining games. That would be our "bad run" for the season, in comparison.

Archived