IGNORED

The Road Rage Thread Number Two

Welcome To The Jungle

As the other one has disappeared I'll restart this one with roundabouts with lanes, specificly Old Market Roadabout. It is very simple, follow the white dotted line and if you realise you're in the wrong lane, indicate and move over. If you can't move over then go round the roundabout again or come off and come back on again.

Furthermore I cycle during rush hours as it is faster than driving, I generally considerate when the traffic flows and I get right over, however on roundabouts I will take the lane as discussed above, many have no idea how they work to begin with, let alone share it with a bike. DO NOT TRY AND OVERTAKE ME AN INCH AWAY ON A BUSY ROUNDABOUT THEN CUT ME UP AS THE LIGHT ON THE ROUNDABOUT HAS JUST TURNED RED YOU '64' REG, BMW SALOON TOSS POT!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Christ I hate that roundabout. So many times I'm going round from Easton to Old Market and cars are in the lane for the A4, but then want to go round to old market. Same for heading from Old Market towards Easton at the set of double lights, the white line says I can be in the left lane, and still go across to Church Rd, so why are you trying to be in my lane!

As you say, follow the effing white lines!

Another one that REALLY annoys me at the moment is the amount of people on Winterstoke Rd, who rather than sit in the left hand lane cos then want to go straight on at the KFC roundabout, they go in the turn right lane, then go right round the roundabout, to therefore push into the left hand lane. It seems to be a particularly anti-social road.

And don't even get me started on bloody Bristol water, digging up half of South Bristol ALL AT THE SAME FRICKING TIME!!!

Seriously, does anyone know when it's all due to end? :gaah:

Christ I hate that roundabout. So many times I'm going round from Easton to Old Market and cars are in the lane for the A4, but then want to go round to old market. Same for heading from Old Market towards Easton at the set of double lights, the white line says I can be in the left lane, and still go across to Church Rd, so why are you trying to be in my lane!

As you say, follow the effing white lines!

Another one that REALLY annoys me at the moment is the amount of people on Winterstoke Rd, who rather than sit in the left hand lane cos then want to go straight on at the KFC roundabout, they go in the turn right lane, then go right round the roundabout, to therefore push into the left hand lane. It seems to be a particularly anti-social road.

And don't even get me started on bloody Bristol water, digging up half of South Bristol ALL AT THE SAME FRICKING TIME!!!

Seriously, does anyone know when it's all due to end? :gaah:

'Another one that REALLY annoys me at the moment is the amount of people on Winterstoke Rd, who rather than sit in the left hand lane cos then want to go straight on at the KFC roundabout, they go in the turn right lane, then go right round the roundabout, to therefore push into the left hand lane. It seems to be a particularly anti-social road.'  :fear: 

Peasant wagon?

Funnily enough, no. They've got their own lane on the southbound side of the Portway. I don't usually have trouble with them until I get outside Bristol Temple Meads when they just sit there, blocking the left hand lane causing everyone who wants to turn left to have to go right into the middle lane and then hope that the bastard doesn't pull away just as they're about to turn into the station.

Archived