IGNORED

Cardiff Demonstrate Reverse Alchemy

Rudolf Hucker

Saying they'll continue "as long as the business develops as planned" wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence if I was a Cardiff fan.

To think they were willing to give up their very identity for a shot at the Prem, and look where it's got them. The only thing I don't understand is how the parachute payments factor in.

Saying they'll continue "as long as the business develops as planned" wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence if I was a Cardiff fan.

To think they were willing to give up their very identity for a shot at the Prem, and look where it's got them. The only thing I don't understand is how the parachute payments factor in.

Also, what plan are they following that has you making a loss the first time you hit a decent turnover? What has developed exactly?

Also, what plan are they following that has you making a loss the first time you hit a decent turnover? What has developed exactly?

Very good point! Their attendances are currently publicised as around 19-20k but I've heard from more than one Cardiff supporter that there's no way there's more than 12-13k going. I know attendances are only one factor in income, but it doesn't exactly suggest a club heading in the right direction does it.

Portsmouth?

Cardiff will sink back to their natural level along with Blackpool and Wigan, I hope.

They'll never be another Portsmouth while Tan is at the helm and his personal liability is too high for him to let it sink.

What we can hang on to us Tan's insistence that Russell Slade is the right man to take them forward which will probable see your latter point occur

Very good point! Their attendances are currently publicised as around 19-20k but I've heard from more than one Cardiff supporter that there's no way there's more than 12-13k going. I know attendances are only one factor in income, but it doesn't exactly suggest a club heading in the right direction does it.

Could explain why they are doing a fairly substantial cut in season ticket prices for the coming season.

Disagree with much of the above post, to be quote honest.

They are 18 points from the play offs and 10 for the relegation zone and I don't think their club has the type of squad that just needs tweaks to compete with the better teams in that league now, let alone the Ex-Prem sides next season.

And Slade is a band aid on a team needing reconstructive surgery; he's taking them nowhere near where Tan will expect - i.e. Premier League football.

This sort of news isn't something that they can simply take lightly; it is indicative of deep, deep problems there. Were I unfortunate enough to be a 'Bluebird' then I'd be massively concerned by this.

They'll never be another Portsmouth while Tan is at the helm and his personal liability is too high for him to let it sink.

What we can hang on to us Tan's insistence that Russell Slade is the right man to take them forward which will probable see your latter point occur

Yes but your first paragraph implies - and indeed depends upon - Tan having an actual understanding of what he is doing...

If he has more than three brain cells behind those shades of his, he'll know by now that he's played his game, his time is up and his best course of action is to find a way out of there whilst retrieving as much of his cash as he possibly can in the process. That simply isn't going to happen by throwing any more money at it.

When your stock is falling, you don't buy more stock.

Archived