IGNORED

Cotterill Top Of The Bcfc Manager Stats (At The Mo!)

Tomo

As much as I love Cotts,Dicks and Big Joe no manager beats Terry Cooper for me.

Plenty are going too shoot me down I'm sure, but TC is a legend, end of.

Fred Ford, Alan Dicks and Terry Cooper all legends for me Glyn sadly all had their limitations that found them out, dear old Fred was a coward in the transfer market even when given the funds by Uncle Harry, AD was over loyal and far too generous with contracts and TC was brilliant until suddenly we had money again to buy players, he could find great hungry free transfers but struggled a lot when he had money to spend.

Jordan should never have come back, he was a right misery 2nd time around. GJ made us believe for a while.

It is when you see how far they were behind,I guess top 4 is success for you,r u wenger in disguise

Then you guess incorrectly.

I was trying to point out that saying Ferguson's win percentage can't be compared to Mourinho because 'Ferguson managed Man Utd when they were horse dung' isn't really a fair statement, given he took over a team that had consistently finished in the upper reaches of the league in the preceding few seasons (and therefore must have had a reasonably decent win percentage, wouldn't you say?).

No mention in my previous post at all about what I consider 'success' to be.

Depends what you think"horse dung"means,its what we call a rank average side like West Ham,Jose even with all the money he's had at Chelsea( and inter and real )will not end up with a win ratio like Ferguson wouldn't you say

Well...time will tell, I suppose.

It's true that Mourinho has been exceptionally well supported financially at Chelsea and Real Madrid, but he did also win the UEFA Cup and Champions League in consecutive seasons with Porto without spending much money at all - which was a phenomenal achievement. Managing the first ever Italian team to win the treble, and winning the league in 4 different countries are decent achievements too.

Fred Ford, Alan Dicks and Terry Cooper all legends for me Glyn sadly all had their limitations that found them out, dear old Fred was a coward in the transfer market even when given the funds by Uncle Harry, AD was over loyal and far too generous with contracts and TC was brilliant until suddenly we had money again to buy players, he could find great hungry free transfers but struggled a lot when he had money to spend.

Jordan should never have come back, he was a right misery 2nd time around. GJ made us believe for a while.

There was more going on with those long contracts under Dicksy than loyalty, if you catch my intimation.

TC was brilliant until suddenly we had money again to buy players, he could find great hungry free transfers but struggled a lot when he had money to spend.

Wasn't the weirdest one Jimmy Harvey? We paid good money for him and then he only played 3 games. 

It seems that managers who can turn sow's ears into silk purses often find themselves buying more sow's ears at inflated prices when they get a little bit of cash. We can all think of a much more recent example than TC :(

Archived