IGNORED

Next 3 Games

Redarmy987

Yep, all very losable as well. They will all, like Colchester, view it as a bit of a free hit, with in some ways the pressure off them in this one. The teams down there are fighting very hard, and picking up points, Orient also finding a little bit of form.

No need to be scared of any of them, but a couple of wins would be nice.

Games played since Jan 1

Orient - 9

Crawley - 10

Yeovil - 11

Bristol City 15

Not worried as such, but would take 6 points right now. Equally, in that time Crawley oddly have drawn against MK and beaten Preston and Swindon.

Should still win all 3

We won't win all 3 - well I doubt we will. In fact 5 points would not be a bad return ahead of 3 home games. It would leave us needing 5 wins from last 10 games I reckon which is very do-able.

As some have pointed out, MK Dons, Preston, Sheff Utd etc have failed to win at Crawley.

Add that Leyton Orient seemed to have picked up lately - these will be tough games.

My take is:-

0-2 points - very disappointing

3 points - minimum return (could get that and be unbreaten in the three games)

4 points - acceptable

5 points - decent, would probably take that now if it was offered free of charge

6 -7 points - get in

9 points - start the parade bus - using Cotterill's logic we would be down to a five or six game season with ten to play ourselves

Orient is a funny one; on paper still have the core of what was a very decent side last year, and are in okay form (compared to their dire run before) so could be a real test.

But then we've sometimes performed our best when clashing with sides on excellent runs this season, and I get the feeling that if teams who perhaps lack the quality of the likes of Sheffield United or MK Dons come out and attack us, rather than dig in, then we enjoy responding to that.

Crawley... Saunders has such an awful record in management I'm skeptical of any team he manages being much cop, in all honesty. But their form is okay, and teams in the relegation fight are always hard to predict; can be awful or do a Colchester and surprise you.

Yeovil; well, didn't roll over when they played down the Gate, and don't expect them to away either. Add in the a.west derby element and get a bad feeling about it, to be honest with you.

Preston win their game in hand and they are only 5 behind us.

If you were discussing two teams in another division, with neither of which you have any affiliation, you'd think that a five point gap would be pretty significant and decisive. It's only because it's City that you're taking a less rational approach. An eight point lead at this moment in time is massive. A five point lead will still be. We mustn't get cocky and think it's all over. But those below us will be thinking that it almost is now.

If you were discussing two teams in another division, with neither of which you have any affiliation, you'd think that a five point gap would be pretty significant and decisive. It's only because it's City that you're taking a less rational approach. An eight point lead at this moment in time is massive. A five point lead will still be. We mustn't get cocky and think it's all over. But those below us will be thinking that it almost is now.

That is entirely right...but we are discussing our team.

As an aside, should we win our next three games, then in ten days time we will be a minimum of twelve points clear of third, as the other teams only play twice each, and MK play Preston. That is a big ask, but within the realms of possability. Even I would start to feel then it was at least fifty fifty...

That is entirely right...but we are discussing our team.

As an aside, should we win our next three games, then in ten days time we will be a minimum of twelve points clear of third, as the other teams only play twice each, and MK play Preston. That is a big ask, but within the realms of possability. Even I would start to feel then it was at least fifty fifty...

I was about to post exactly the same!

Of course it could go the other way with us being 3 points clear of 3rd having played a game more.

Archived