IGNORED

***away Day Review: Bristol City V Rochdale @ Ashton Gate***

tazzydjr

I am usually on the side of the spelling and grammar police, but the way this is written just highlights the raw enthusiasm and enjoyment to be had from an away day no matter the score.  Would have liked to have known a bit more about the trip home (perhaps he slept), but otherwise it were rayt gradely.

It pains me to read such appalling grammar and syntax. :(

I really mean no offence, but it's about as far from Shakespeare's handiwork as could possibly be imagined.  

Read some of Bill Bryson's books for a few pointers on how to make a fairly mundane day out seem utterly compelling. His can of Fanta would've somehow become part of an amusing anecdote.

Did anything noteworthy happen? What were your impressions of Bristol, its people, the City fans?

Any amusing misunderstandings arising from differences in accent? I notice you use "while" for "until" - I thought that was peculiar to Yorkshire. Rumour has it that signs saying "Do not cross the road while the red man is flashing" and "do not lean out of the window while the train is moving" caused a few accidents in Barnsley... 

Archived