IGNORED

Cheltenham 2015 / Tips (Merged)

Big Red Rich

Cruel sport, can't even bring myself to watch it on telly let alone go the 5 miles to watch it along with the hoardes that don't give a toss about the horses welfare. Horses are a plains animal, they are not jumping creatures. Disgusting spectacle that is a blight on Cheltenham, Brokelads Paddypower etc are just interested in robbing folk of their hard earned, and the organisers reap the rewards whilst paying minimum wages to the staff that help line the pockets of the Horsey set.

National Hunt is cruel, flat is at least akin to what a horse can do, hopefully there won't be too many deaths this year, I wish.

Cruel sport, can't even bring myself to watch it on telly let alone go the 5 miles to watch it along with the hoardes that don't give a toss about the horses welfare. Horses are a plains animal, they are not jumping creatures. Disgusting spectacle that is a blight on Cheltenham, Brokelads Paddypower etc are just interested in robbing folk of their hard earned, and the organisers reap the rewards whilst paying minimum wages to the staff that help line the pockets of the Horsey set.

National Hunt is cruel, flat is at least akin to what a horse can do, hopefully there won't be too many deaths this year, I wish.

Probably safe to say that unlike myself, you are not a supporter of the Countryside Alliance?! If a horse didn't want to jump it wouldn't. Having owned several horses over the years I can guarantee you a horse won't do what it doesn't want to do.

I've never been to Cheltenham, never been horse racing, not interested in betting as I'd be rubbish at it...but I'm really thinking about going next year as it looks a great day out!

How easy is it to get tickets, I don't want to dress up as much as some either, my feet would kill in heels all day! I think to go and peoplewatch and experience the atmosphere and have a few drinks will be enough excitement for me?

I guess all you Cheltenham fans are busy right now, but when it finishes and you are sober, any tips (about going) please?

Probably safe to say that unlike myself, you are not a supporter of the Countryside Alliance?! If a horse didn't want to jump it wouldn't. Having owned several horses over the years I can guarantee you a horse won't do what it doesn't want to do.

Oh I am a supporter of the countryside, and spend a lot of time in it, I do not support shooting and National Hunt especially, but hands up I do fish, but I do thing Angling does it's bit for maintaining the health of rivers etc. 

Sorry to differ with someone who has owned horses, but the argument that you cannot make a horse..etc etc, is BS and you know it, they (horses) are trained to jump, and it is not natural for a horse to jump is it?

As I say they are plains animal, and there leg structure is fragile and is subject to fractures when hurdling, this is why I think National Hunt is cruel.

The scenes of beautiful horses having to be put down from a leg fracture is abhorrent, and as we all know the reasons why the sport still flourishes is the greed aspect, the whole display of drunken Irishman either celebrating their win or drowning their sorrows around here, whilst many don't give a toss about what the horses  have to go through is depressing.

I've never been to Cheltenham, never been horse racing, not interested in betting as I'd be rubbish at it...but I'm really thinking about going next year as it looks a great day out!

How easy is it to get tickets, I don't want to dress up as much as some either, my feet would kill in heels all day! I think to go and peoplewatch and experience the atmosphere and have a few drinks will be enough excitement for me?

I guess all you Cheltenham fans are busy right now, but when it finishes and you are sober, any tips (about going) please?

Typical response from someone who has not seen the screens come out over a fallen horse, and behind the gaze of the public the horse is despatched.

You see if the public were to see the carnage, I doubt NH would survive. 

A slaughter house might be a cheaper option. 

Typical response from someone who has not seen the screens come out over a fallen horse, and behind the gaze of the public the horse is despatched.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Right back on topic where shall I put my money today?

• Admin

Out of interest how many horses have died during the festival this year?

Its not that great a day out (the festival). I always find Worcester and Stratford are lovely courses to go to especially in the Summer. Evening racing is a must :)

going for beltor in the triumph hurdle, bouirevil in the fred winter,jezki  champion hurdle,coneygree gold cup,don cossack in the ryan air, garde le victoire county hurdle,ew,beltor is my big bet of the week, good luck to every one.

get in coneygree, shame about the others but thats put me up for the week ,need ned buntine for a big double.

Archived