IGNORED

Has Anyone Noticed?

BrizzleRed

Not only do we have an amazing home record, but our away record is better than all but three of the League 1 clubs' home records!

When was the last time we had so much to enjoy as City fans?  Enjoy every minute folks, especially any of you young 'uns, because it could be a very long time before you see the likes of this again.

What a great time to be a Red!!!!

Not only do we have an amazing home record, but our away record is better than all but three of the League 1 clubs' home records!

When was the last time we had so much to enjoy as City fans?  Enjoy every minute folks, especially any of you young 'uns, because it could be a very long time before you see the likes of this again.

What about us oldies. Can't remember when I felt so happy about a season and I go back along way as a fan. Let's just hope we finish  as champions.

COYR

What about us oldies. Can't remember when I felt so happy about a season and I go back along way as a fan. Let's just hope we finish  as champions.

COYR

True, but we can remember some decent times, though you've got to dig pretty deep into the memory bank to find them.  Some of the younger ones have mostly witnessed pretty consistent shit, except the Championship play off season, and that was mainly winning by the odd goal.

I'm in my mid fifties and got to be honest, I'm still worried I'm going to suddenly going to wake up and find I was dreaming all this!!!

When was the last time we had so much to enjoy as City fans? Enjoy every minute folks, especially any of you young 'uns, because it could be a very long time before you see the likes of this again.

Absolutely. This is a very special season. I don't think a lot of people will realise just how special until it's a distant memory, such is the nervous, pessimistic nature of the average football fan.

I for one decided to purge all that negative nonsense and enjoy it for what it is a long time ago....and it's great!

Never known what it's like to be a proper 'winner' as a fan before (have always looked up at those teams running away with the league and wondered how amazing that must be), and it probably won't come around again for a very long time.

We just keep winning, home and away. We have some fantastic players - who play as a unit, with togetherness, our rivals can't live with us. It's simply great.

I think that being such a talented side, playing away actually suits them a little better.

A bit more pressure being at home and away teams will generally come and set up to get a point, whereas they'll be a little more open in their own back yard. 

Having said that, I would expect those 2, 3 or 4 teams behind us to have those exact same conditions so a very sweet stat I hadn't noticed

This has been the best season in my memory, shame we cant get more into the gate to witness it,

Started feeling a bit special during the first game at Sheffield, it wasn't like watching a city team and

this was borne out during conversations with sheffield lads around the pubs on the evening.

I know the championship is a whole new ball game so to speak, but i am sure the boss has his eye on

close season signings as i type....long may our good fortune continue

True, but we can remember some decent times, though you've got to dig pretty deep into the memory bank to find them.  Some of the younger ones have mostly witnessed pretty consistent shit, except the Championship play off season, and that was mainly winning by the odd goal.

I'm in my mid fifties and got to be honest, I'm still worried I'm going to suddenly going to wake up and find I was dreaming all this!!!

I'm just glad I woke up.

Dongs manager KR seems to think we've nailed it.  On their Player interview (after Chesterfield game) he asked how we got on, when told we'd won he said "......they've gone, they're uncatchable......" Hope he's right !

So do I. You know the old saying, it isn't over till the fat lady sings.

Dongs manager KR seems to think we've nailed it. On their Player interview (after Chesterfield game) he asked how we got on, when told we'd won he said "......they've gone, they're uncatchable......" Hope he's right !

"Nothing can stop Mansell now"...

Not 1965?

1965 was awesome. John Atyeo was out for ages, the Gas were top, and it looked as if we were going to be below the gap and that we'd seen the last of Big John. He'd implied that he intended to retire at season's end.

I still have the programme for the Rovers game with ATYEO pencilled in. The rest, as they say, was history :city:

Not 1965?

I have just looked this one up, wow that was a close league that year. promoted on Goal Average, 3pts covering the top five teams, amazing.  Did it go down to the last match of the season?

This was the year before my first season as a 3 year old, I am now getting desperate to see us win only our fifth title ever as I have just realised it will be in my 50th year of supporting this club.

Not 1965?

I remember it well along with the promotions in 1998 and 2007. But for some reason(s), they do not hold the memories of the ones I listed. Perhaps 1965 is not up there because we really did struggle over the line and without Big John's four goals at Shrewsbury over Easter, it would have been another failure.

Likewise with 1998 when we should have had the title but blew it.

And in 2007, I saw only a handful of games as I had just moved to Portugal.

I have just looked this one up, wow that was a close league that year. promoted on Goal Average, 3pts covering the top five teams, amazing. Did it go down to the last match of the season?

This was the year before my first season as a 3 year old, I am now getting desperate to see us win only our fifth title ever as I have just realised it will be in my 50th year of supporting this club.

Yes right to the last game when we got the 2-0 win that made our "goal average" better than Mansfield. See also my previous post about John Atyeo.

I remember it well along with the promotions in 1998 and 2007. But for some reason(s), they do not hold the memories of the ones I listed. Perhaps 1965 is not up there because we really did struggle over the line and without Big John's four goals at Shrewsbury over Easter, it would have been another failure.

Likewise with 1998 when we should have had the title but blew it.

And in 2007, I saw only a handful of games as I had just moved to Portugal.

Don't think that's fair. We weren't in the race until the last few games. Far from "struggling" over the line as I recall, we dipped on the line and broke the tape !

Not sure I've ever seen a City side where every member seems so patient and comfortable on the ball. That includes all of the promotion sides I've seen from '65 onwards......

I would also add to that, when was the last time we had a side where there isn't one player who seems like a weak link, where fans are claiming 'if only we had a good GK/LB/RB/DM/CM, etc, etc?  

Ok, there's a bit of debate about JET, but even his critics grudgingly accept he can be a game-changer on his day.  Hell, even the players on the bench can claim to be unlucky not to be in the starting line up.

I honestly can't remember ever before seeing a City first team squad where there are no make-weights.  There are usually some players you hope don't have to come on, as you fear they aren't up to the job, but every member of this squad are well capable of putting in a shift.

I'm not saying these players are the best we've ever had in their respective positions, but for the level we are currently playing in, I'm struggling to remember us ever having a squad of such consistent quality.

How much of this is down to Keith Burt, or the coaches or Steve Cotterill I don't know, but isn't it a refreshing change to see good players come here and blossom, rather than immediately turn to shit.

Something's going right at last, and long may it continue. 

Archived