IGNORED

Not Going To Wembley!

Bar BS3

Really..?

I'm sure there are games that slip my mind but I can't remember Villa, Southampton (whilst in top 2 divisions) West ham? Newcastle? Sunderland? West Brom, Burnley or Leicester at Wembley in the last 15 years. I'm sure I've got some wrong, but have they all played there in the recent past..?

Sorry what i meant to say was every club that's in the Premership now has been to Wembley in the last 15 years. You're right with Southampton they went for the JPT in 2010 so were in league one at the time. I don't remember many of theses but apparently;

Villa have been a few times, FA cup semi 2000, 2010 & final 2000, LC final 2010.

West Ham PO final 2012

Newcastle FA cup semi 2000

Sunderland LC final 2014

West Brom PO final 2007, FA cup semi 2008

Burnley PO final 2009

Leicester LC final 2000

Nah, just not bothered about the JPT and don't really like the new Wemberlee. Hope we win the thing, but if we were to lose I would get over it in about 4 seconds. League points mean a lot more at the moment

Now if the JPT winners got into Europe, that would be a different story and I would be there

Sorry what i meant to say was every club that's in the Premership now has been to Wembley in the last 15 years. You're right with Southampton they went for the JPT in 2007 so were in league one at the time. I don't remember many of theses but apparently;

Villa have been a few times, FA cup semi 2000, 2010 & final 2000, LC final 2010.

West Ham PO final 2012

Sunderland LC final 2014

Burnley PO final 2009

Leicester LC final 2000

Saints lost to Arsenal in 2003 and West Ham lost to Liverpool in 2006. Both FA cup finals, although the latter being in Cardiff. Not going to Wembley myself as just can't afford to atm. A bit gutted, but will enjoy it down the pub with another City fan and a Walsall fan.

I am also not going. Hope everybody as a great day at Wembley (seen city play there 4 times) but for me paying for tickets to Crawley, Yeovil, Preston, Chesterfield and probably Bradford is more important. It will be great if we lift the trophy but for me so much more important to get this great young exciting team to the next level where i believe they will be very competitive and that is where i want to channel my resources.

As I was trying to explain to two ST holders that I know that aren't going, it may possible be the last time we get to see City at Wembley in a long time!

Hopefully we go up this season and then stay up for a very long time - this would mean no for FLT in the future

That leaves just the FA Cup semi / final, League Cup or Play off final in the future..... may be a long time before we go back again

This is pretty much how I see it. Plus the two kids I'm taking who have regularly been to games will have a fab day out, regardless of the result. I took the oldest one to the play off final when she was the same age her brother will be this time.

She loved it then, and has been hooked on City ever since. Her family are all g*sheads which makes it all the more enjoyable :D

Sorry what i meant to say was every club that's in the Premership now has been to Wembley in the last 15 years. You're right with Southampton they went for the JPT in 2010 so were in league one at the time. I don't remember many of theses but apparently;

West Ham PO final 2012

Sunderland LC final 2014

Burnley PO final 2009

Leicester LC final 2000

Interesting stuff, thanks.

The point still remains though, that with establishing yourself in the championship, comes a much reduced chance of getting to Wembley again anytime soon. Enjoy it and make the most of the opportunity whilst we have it.

Its an absolute disgrace that the club aren't running coaches for the people that aren't going.

It's even worse to think that the coaches they aren't going on won't be 30 min late for kick off, all because they aren't going on them!

I feel for the coach drivers who won't have to take the wrong route this time.

Some people have no consideration for the people who aren't going.

These are exceptions to the rule though, we have made 1 major final in our entire history and that was a very long time ago, whilst it might happen, it probably won't so embrace this opportunity, which is my point,

I get what you're saying, but there's a big difference between "it'll never happen" and "it might happen". 

Either way, I'm confident that all going to Wembley will enjoy the day.

What, EVER?! What a sweeping statement to make. Swansea were nearly relegated from the football league altogether in 2003 but won the League Cup less than 10 years later - and they did it without the financial backing we have or indeed a stadium capable of generating as much revenue as the redeveloped Ashton Gate will. Likewise few would have predicted Wigan winning the FA Cup 10 years ago.

If we can maintain the upward curve this club is clearly currently on, who knows what the next 10 years may have in store.

Quite agree, anything could happen, hope it does, if I'm wrong I will gladly accept any grief ;0)

For a club who so rarely play a final of any description, and probably only visit Wembley on average every 7-8 years, I do struggle to understand why anyone wouldn't want to be a part of the occasion. I think we all recognise the competition isn't very prestigious or important, but it's still a great day out in front of a crowd around 6 times the size we normally attract.

I don't understand it either. I understand people who can't afford it etc. If you can afford it, but just don't want to go, it baffles me completely. Surely this is the whole point in supporting your club? It's all about the winning and the trophies. I just don't get it. But hey, everyone is entitled to do what they want, even if I don't understand it.

I'm determined not to go..... I'm determined not to go...... I'm determined.....

Trying to concentrate on the league as it's a tinpot competition, been there and got the t-shirt, on TV and it's a long way. Yeovil tickets have helped to divert my attention.

Will-power man, will-power.

Went last time, probably go if I had the spare pennies; unfortunately ,Gas, Elect, Rates, Mort and a sh1te couple of months working outside has determined I have no spare cash.

Hate rip off vil Wembley anyway so I`ll pass.

I smell gas..... Oh wait a minute. Gas , elections, death and shite. Definitely gas

I'm determined not to go..... I'm determined not to go...... I'm determined.....

Trying to concentrate on the league as it's a tinpot competition, been there and got the t-shirt, on TV and it's a long way. Yeovil tickets have helped to divert my attention.

Will-power man, will-power.

go on go on go on!!

Still not going.

Had a memorable time watching City twice at the old Wembley with 'the lads' in the 80's, took my then young son to the Stoke game, and the whole family to the Millennium.

Didn't enjoy the New Wembley experience for the Hull match at all, to the extent I can't imagine returning except for a meaningful City match.

As for the JPT, the emptiness I felt after the Carlisle win confirmed I had no interest in the competition anymore.

Not remotely tempted by this one, but now we're in the Final I obviously hope City win it, and win it with style.

Not going

Can't justify spending all that money on a competition that doesn't mean anything of note. If I was 20 I'd be all over it. Been there, seen it, done it

Fair shout to the 40,000+ that are going though, fantastic support

will be there, Preston and Chesterfield away as well as Swindon (hopefully), Crewe and possibly Bradford. Living in York atm I don't often get the chance to see to many matches, but not this year!

You probably get this a lot, Mr Mao but since when did you start looking like Deng Xiaoping?

Archived