IGNORED

Assists - Take A Bow

Tom

Perhaps the poster on here who said he "didn't get" the praise for Joe Bryan might now understand why he is such an important member of the side?

Perhaps that poster needs to look at the league table as well

We really going to want a cheating swindle player at our club?

Flint is a diff breed but Byrne is just as bad as Thompson etc

No thanks

Who cares? If he's a good player and the price is right and he wants to leave what's the problem? Turned out alright for Flinty didn't it?

• Admin

I've had a quick glance and guess what, we are top!!

This obviously means that every player is now MOTM and rates as our best.

Whilst we occasionally have standout performers, it is often the case that our "team" has played so well 1 of 5 or 6 players could be named MOTM & that's why we are top.

Look at player of the season, I genuinely believe 6 or 7 players could argue they have a reason to win it (even if ultimately it goes to Freeman).

Whilst we occasionally have standout performers, it is often the case that our "team" has played so well 1 of 5 or 6 players could be named MOTM & that's why we are top.

Look at player of the season, I genuinely believe 6 or 7 players could argue they have a reason to win it (even if ultimately it goes to Freeman).

I tend to agree with this except I think the number of potential MOTM is 4 and Bryan is rarely in that list in my view.

At Orient for example, I'd put Freeman, Smith (frankly you could cut off one of his legs and he'd still be the best midfielder in Lge 1), Wilbraham and possibly Pack ahead of Bryan.

I should stress that Bryan had a good game with 1.5 assists and a good defensive performance second half but those 4 were more effective for the team.  Which kind of agrees with your point.

• Admin

I tend to agree with this except I think the number of potential MOTM is 4 and Bryan is rarely in that list in my view.

At Orient for example, I'd put Freeman, Smith (frankly you could cut off one of his legs and he'd still be the best midfielder in Lge 1), Wilbraham and possibly Pack ahead of Bryan.

I should stress that Bryan had a good game with 1.5 assists and a good defensive performance second half but those 4 were more effective for the team. Which kind of agrees with your point.

And I agree with you that Bryan still has a lot to learn regarding the defensive side of the game, shall we get a room now before someone else suggests it?

Where we may differ is I think we look far less potent as an attacking threat when Cunningham replaces Bryan which I think Cotts agrees with when you compare his rotation with Bryan's. He may not do enough to be MOTM in games but I think offensively he is our 2nd most important player (after Freeman) due to the positional options we have.

Notice Cotts kept picking him when it was clear he needed a rest and in his first game back (other) people were raving about his performance. I think when he plays (& is fit enough to play the role well) he makes the team look better.

And I agree with you that Bryan still has a lot to learn regarding the defensive side of the game, shall we get a room now before someone else suggests it?

Where we may differ is I think we look far less potent as an attacking threat when Cunningham replaces Bryan which I think Cotts agrees with when you compare his rotation with Bryan's. He may not do enough to be MOTM in games but I think offensively he is our 2nd most important player (after Freeman) due to the positional options we have.

Notice Cotts kept picking him when it was clear he needed a rest and in his first game back (other) people were raving about his performance. I think when he plays (& is fit enough to play the role well) he makes the team look better.

I also think that Joe makes Freeman a better player (and of course, vice-versa). They work so well together on the LH side of the park, each seemingly knowing what the other is going to do and where they want the ball played.

We don't differ at all on Cunningham (shall I order a bottle of champagne?).  The advantages Greg has over Joe is that he is better defensively and is more "fiesty". That is, I think Joe got bullied out of the game by Sheff Utd.  Greg would have given as good as he got.

But I would still pick Joe as he is far better crossing and in the air.  The main thing is that Joe has improved beyond measure this year and I'm hopeful he can keep on improving (before we sell him to Everton).

Archived