IGNORED

Happy Donowa Day To One And All

'Orns

I was in the east end throwing coins at Devon White for diving that game.

Was that the same game they were singing during Les Kews minutes silence?

That was the nastiest I have known AG to be towards any other fans.

Yes, the minutes silence for Des Williams. 

To be fair to him, Geoff Twentystone was stood on the end of the Rovers line and when they started abusing the minutes silence he turned round and gave the away end a look as if to say "shut the **** up". After that he was useless, as per. Bless.  

Remember the following season an identical result - 1-0 us yet this time it was Wayne Allison who put the Rent Boys to the sword. :) I recall Geoff Twentypence had a gilt-edged chance to tie it up yet he made a tits of it. A good thing 'n all because it would have been a travesty if they'd scammed a point. Another memorable game with a bouncing atmosphere. In Denis Smith we trust. Anyone? Anyone?

Fair enough. I did about a fifteen minute day today so I was on the ball!! Not my fault that I can't stop watching The Affair whilst 'working from home'

Not to take this thread off topic - but Ruth Wilson. *lovesick sigh*

Great night. I was on the Eastend when people got locked out forced the back gate to get in.

One on the best nights at the gate ever & I have witnessed all of them in the last 35 years. When the goal went in I remember looking around the ground and all parts going mad including areas that normally just would clap.

It was a total release.

Anyone know where he is now?

If there is a God he will be sipping wine, from grapes squashed by the feet of virgins, smoking cigars rolled on the thighs of virgins, whilst being fed whatever food could be produced by virgins

Bitter sweet for me as I stayed too long in the pub and was one of many who couldn't get in that night. As well as missing our first win over them in years, it ended my run of 152 games on the trot, home and away. Whoops

Also got locked out that day due to working late. Went home to Redcliffe where I was living and crowd hear the singing from the ground and also a mighty roar when he scored.

Also got locked out that day due to working late. Went home to Redcliffe where I was living and crowd hear the singing from the ground and also a mighty roar when he scored.

Loads of City couldn't get in that night, everyone just accepted the fact and got on with it , imagine if something like hat happend today OTIB and Twitter would go into melt down with people crying over thier tablets and phones . Slightly off topic I know but just shows how life and people have changed in 24 years.

jeez didnt know it was so long ago ,doesnt seem it .Do remember getting back to the Kings Head in Pill ,the place was magic that night ,non stop singing .

That was the pub we went back to!!! Long in to the night with Marge serving pints of cider and Grolsch*! (exotic in those days)

*not together

This is why many of us watch football.

Many on here seem to contest why some of us go on about NLBR.

Well every match has 2 teams. Every football team needs a rival.  A local one. It doesn't matter if you're the best team in the land, or playing in a park. No other games in a season matter as much as the loacal derby.

Bragging rights? Maybe. Memories for a lifetime? Definitely. 

Happy Donowa day 

Archived