IGNORED

Luke Ayling I Love You

I didn't get the chance to go to the game today, but watching sky sports I new how the scoring had gone and indeed who had scored. At 5.45 I was taking my son to his mates and on the way we listened to radio Somerset after match interviews.

I have never felt prouder to be a City fan than at that point when Luke Ayling gave an interview to the radio, not only had he scored the winning goal which was giving me a massive buzz but he was happy to speak on radio while battling with his speech impediment . What a top man he is, I love him to bits!

There's only one Luke Ayling, one Luke Ayling, there's only one Luke Ayling.

Top Man we love you

As a father of a son with a cronic stutter, I have gone on record before stating how much respect I have for Luke Ayling, My lad uses him as an inspiration to succeed and it's working.

The fact he's bloody brilliant helps as well.

Love the bloke!

I wonder if he reads this forum and, if he does, I wonder if he minds his speech impediment being mentioned every time he gives an interview on TV or radio.

If I were him, I would be grateful for the support and acknowledgement of what can be a debilitating and incredibly frustrating condition.

Also, I would be relieved that there were anonymous people like your good self, ready to be offended on my behalf,

I don't know what it is about Ayling but I genuinely feel so proud when I see him play, interviewed or celebrating- he is a model pro, such a gifted player and takes everything on the pitch in his stride and apparently a really nice humble bloke in person.

Pro football is an environment that doesn't often lend itself to niceties but Ayling shows you don't have to give it the big I am all the time to win - not that there is anything wrong with the big I am but he comes across as so much more credible for it

An inspiration full stop.

Footballers don't marry ugly or even plain women!

No dis respect to old Luke but i am sure his bank balance has helped him out a tad like..

Now i wonder if he was a plumber for example would she be on his arm.. Hmmmmmmm.....

I wonder if he reads this forum and, if he does, I wonder if he minds his speech impediment being mentioned every time he gives an interview on TV or radio.

I would give Luke Ayling the utmost respect and as part of that I wouldn't mind betting that he's not the sort of dick you come accross regularly these days who is actively LOOKING to take offence at something. You probably know the type yourself.

I would also hazard a guess that Luke is over the moon that young lads like ciderup's son (see post above) see him as an inspiration given he knows more than anyone what they are going through and the issues they have to contend with on a day to day basis.

Having sat next to Luke's family at the West Ham game they came accross as really nice people rather than the "look at my amazing lad out there who you are paying to watch" types and that has definitely translated into the lads personality from what I have seen and heard.

So refreshing to read this thread with all the bad things that we get in football such as spitting, diving to get a penalty,

abuse of referees etc.

I don't know Luke but I am full of admiration for him and the way he conducts himself and goes about his life with a smile on his face.

Its not just him that seems have this attitude though is it, all the City players are enjoying life at the moment.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/ve-got-Luke-Ayling-declares-Bristol-City-boss/story-26134751-detail/story.html?

It seems that the death of his Nan effected him a lot,fans don't realise that outside influences do effect players and well done to the boss for spotting it and sticking by him . 

yes I heard Cotts mention that about his nan.

Luke's a top lad!

Just got to add my praise for him too. Great player, great individual and a huge part of our so far successful season. Always looks to be enjoying the game and his workrate is an example.

His drop in form was so unlike him and that has been explained now. I must admit I respect Cotterill for how he treats the players, he does seem to know when to praise and nuture and when to give out a rollicking.

I'm sure Luke would be delighted to know that he is helping others with difficulties he has faced, what greater reward can there be in life.

I know a lot gets said about players wages, lifestyles etc, but sometimes you think there's a player who deserves to be rewarded, and for me Ayling is one of those players.

Archived