IGNORED

A Championship Club

BS3_RED

I find it strange that pundits, opposing managers make such a fuss about our budget, for one I'd be amazed if our budget was anywhere near what Sheffield United's is. It's annoying that they don't acknowledge that the budget has been superbly managed by Cotts, and that some of his signings, Wilbraham in particular on a free transfer, have been master strokes.

I thought Claridge was fair in his comments, we do have a Championship budget, (low end maybe). Some mention it so often though, one wonders whether we should make a public apology about it....

There has to be a reason for Bristol City to be doing so well, it could possibly not be down to good management, or playing a good brand of football, leave that to the likes of Derby Notts Forest etc who are just 9 points of the play offs   :facepalm:

is our budget the biggest in the division?

I thought under SOD we were trying to cut down

Yeah we were trying to cut it down because it was so bad. We still had a big budget but he was constrained as he still had players who I assume were big earners like Kilkenny, Fontaine, M.Elliott left from the Championship. This season the clear out was finished which has allowed Cotterill to reinvest in some top players, especially with Baldock leaving. Sheffield United's is probably bigger than ours though

I was simply left thinking how marvellous it is that we're considered too big a club for the third tier.

It's great that we are considered a natural "Championship" club.

It's not something we've heard too often in the past 30 years,

Claridge gets a lot of stick on here but I don't mind him. Rather listen to him than Savage!

Agreed, Savage is one of the most annoying things about BBC football coverage. I would even take Garth Crooks over Savage. Edit only because trying to decipher his comments makes me chuckle...

Does it really matter what Claridge says,he has to talk about 72 football league sides and has probably 10 seconds to talk on each club.

He's not going to know the ins and outs about every one of the 72 is he.

Totally agree mate.

People seem to tune in to that show demanding we get praised, loads of credit and more coverage than other teams.

I imagine it's a whistle-stop tour of each game with an 'expert' pretending to know a little about each club.

I say 'I imagine' because I don't watch it - Goals Express on Sky is so much better without all the bullsh*t analysis.

Hey, there's a thought, if you constantly slag off the FLS then why not try not watching it...?

Pretty obvious Claridge was not saying what he did as a compliment; he's never more than grudgingly nice about us.

But, really; who cares?  Him not liking us hasn't stopped us going ten points clear, so stuff him.

Happy to have a team of quality players playing for each other and achieving things than the respect of a few media personalities.

Best thing about the football league show, is that it won't be on the bbc next season and we won't have to put up with comments from claridge and manish.

You already don't have to. Don't watch it or hit mute.

Does it really matter what Claridge says,he has to talk about 72 football league sides and has probably 10 seconds to talk on each club.

He's not going to know the ins and outs about every one of the 72 is he.

Agree to a point (the 10 second bit), but if it was my job i'd bloody well do a bit of research, or at least have someone do it for me. It's symptomatic of the crap punditry we have.

I'm getting fed up of all this nonsense about resources.

Under SCMP we can spend 60% of our revenue on wages.  We don't have any figures for revenue yet but I have taken average attendances as a proxy.  I have done a graph of average attendances vs points (1st graph)

What you can see is that in general higher attendances=more points.  We have one of the better attendance figures in the division but despite this we are still outperforming (along with Swindon). Coventry and Sheff U are seriously underperforming. Even if you take out Sheff U (2nd graph) as their attendances are much higher than everyone else, City are still overperforming along with Swindon, Fleetwood and Rochdale

post-2507-0-31811700-1425853541_thumb.gi

post-2507-0-39401600-1425853650_thumb.gi

Under SCMP we can spend 60% of our revenue on wages. We don't have any figures for revenue yet but I have taken average attendances as a proxy. I have done a graph of average attendances vs points (1st graph)

What you can see is that in general higher attendances=more points. We have one of the better attendance figures in the division but despite this we are still outperforming (along with Swindon). Coventry and Sheff U are seriously underperforming. Even if you take out Sheff U (2nd graph) as their attendances are much higher than everyone else, City are still overperforming along with Swindon, Fleetwood and Rochdale

Let's be honest our attendances dont have an awful lot to do with our spending power

Under SCMP we can spend 60% of our revenue on wages.  We don't have any figures for revenue yet but I have taken average attendances as a proxy.  I have done a graph of average attendances vs points (1st graph)

What you can see is that in general higher attendances=more points.  We have one of the better attendance figures in the division but despite this we are still outperforming (along with Swindon). Coventry and Sheff U are seriously underperforming. Even if you take out Sheff U (2nd graph) as their attendances are much higher than everyone else, City are still overperforming along with Swindon, Fleetwood and Rochdale

Send it to Clariage man

Archived