IGNORED

Walsall Bottom Of Form Table

ashton_fan

Means nothing anyway, the whole competition is as enthralling as reading through all the NLBR thread, hopefully this will be the last we have to enter it, but I have heard someone is mooting bringing in the Championship and Prem teams, greed, and just another payday for the money pit that is Wembley.

We have the League Cup, the Champions League (where you don't have to be Champions actually) the FA Cup, and a punishing league schedule, crazy and greedy. 

Johnston's Paint Trophy Final

Wembley, London

Attendance: 72,307 

Bristol City FC 6-0 Walsall FC

HT: 3-0

Emmanuel Thomas 11, 35(pen), 70

Flint 20

Freeman 49

Elliot 83

One can dream. 

Means nothing anyway, the whole competition is as enthralling as reading through all the NLBR thread, hopefully this will be the last we have to enter it, but I have heard someone is mooting bringing in the Championship and Prem teams, greed, and just another payday for the money pit that is Wembley.

We have the League Cup, the Champions League (where you don't have to be Champions actually) the FA Cup, and a punishing league schedule, crazy and greedy. 

I reckon there's a little lad called Oskar who wouldn't share that opinion.

I believe it's only their reserve sides.

It meant a whole ****load in 1986.

It's not a competition to get excited about true, and I share your hope that this will be our last entry, though I somehow doubt it, but it's a trophy nonetheless, and a lot more people than I imagined would seem to be looking forward to it.

I'll admit that after the win against Carlisle I did leave the ground with a real sense of anticlimax, and no doubt I will this time, but I am primarily going because my 9-year old will love it and it will no doubt mean the world to him if we win.

It meant a whole ****load in 1986.

It's not a competition to get excited about true, and I share your hope that this will be our last entry, though I somehow doubt it, but it's a trophy nonetheless, and a lot more people than I imagined would seem to be looking forward to it.

I'll admit that after the win against Carlisle I did leave the ground with a real sense of anticlimax, and no doubt I will this time, but I am primarily going because my 9-year old will love it and it will no doubt mean the world to him if we win.

It did to me as well, will always remember that day, I guess it was mostly because it was Wembley, somewhere a bit magic and all footballers and fans want to experience, 

But I do think the Wembley magic is not so anymore, it's too corporate, witness the  FA Cup Semi's playing there, just not right, the Final and just the Final should be played there, with all the trimmings , marching bands Abide With me toilet rolls and the like  :winner_third_h4h:  

Whereas he undoubtedly can be a bit of a negative plonker sometimes, I'm not really sure that was really the angle he was coming from.

Maybe, maybe not. Just pointing out that for many young fans and Oskar in particular, this competition will give them a chance of a fantastic memory that they can look back on for a long time.

When we got to Wembley under TC it was a fantastic day for thousands of people who had been watching City for a very long time and probably thought the chance would never arise again. There was a chap in his 70's on the coach that day and he kept saying to me (I was 17) remember this day, you may never get another chance. Thanks to this competition I've had another 3 chances since then to watch City at Wembley, and I wouldn't miss any opportunity, every time might be our last.

I get that some people don't want to go for a miriad of different reasons, but to say it means nothing is wrong IMO. Means nothing to him maybe, means the world to some.

Johnston's Paint Trophy Final

Wembley, London

Attendance: 72,307

Bristol City FC 6-0 Walsall FC

HT: 3-0

Emmanuel Thomas 11, 35(pen), 70

Flint 20

Freeman 49

Elliot 83

One can dream.

Thus is my dream :

1. Bristol City 46 +45 101

2. Preston NE 46 +30 88

--------------------------

3. MK Dons. 46 +25 76

--------------------------

8. * Swindon T 46 +31 56

* 20 point deduction for consistant cheating.

Archived