IGNORED

Mc Combe And Orr At Wembley..........lets Banish Those Memories

where's the joy

imagine if McCombe hadn't fallen sick that day......nerves may be

and Orr hadn't had the bang on his cheek which prevented him trying to get in the way of the Windass winner.

if we'd had a decent fully fit striker on the pitch and so on

but this visit we are going to Wembley, we are going to stuff Walsall and we are going up as champions at the end of the season

I'm not one of these that thinks the paint trophy is a joke, far from it I think it's great that we get the chance to see city at wembley and would love us to win it and then go on to do the double but for me the only think at will make the hull defeat easier to accept would for us to be promoted to the premier league. I'm not trying to dwell on the past but the simple fact is we may never come that close again in our lifetimes.

I'm not one of these that thinks the paint trophy is a joke, far from it I think it's great that we get the chance to see city at wembley and would love us to win it and then go on to do the double but for me the only think at will make the hull defeat easier to accept would for us to be promoted to the premier league. I'm not trying to dwell on the past but the simple fact is we may never come that close again in our lifetimes.

To actually win a league will do for me.  Something that very few of us have experienced in our lifetimes.

I also think that promotion to the premier league will happen.

and Orr hadn't had the bang on his cheek which prevented him trying to get in the way of the Windass winner.

but this visit we are going to Wembley, we are going to stuff Walsall and we are going up as champions at the end of the season

There's only one thing that will banish those memories, and that's getting to the Premier League.

I have to say that for me there is too big a difference to compare the two.

Hull was about the result, I didnt care about a day out at Wembley, I'd have watched from behind a pillar at Glanford Park or Saltergate if I had to, as long as we won.

Walsall is a nice day out at Wembley.  I want us to win every match I see, but realistically the reward for winning isnt promotion so it's no more important than any other match. 

I would love to see us in the prem (though I'd hate to see us do a Swindon style rock bottom) and that would be the only thing that would make up for that pain.

Seeing Stoke as an established side just hurts. Seeing them sign players like Bojan and thinking that could have been us...

I don't think we should banish those memories. We should celebrate that we kept fighting under those handicaps.

1923186_59103294261_7476608_n.jpg?oh=aaa1923186_59103289261_2608806_n.jpg?oh=02c

Superb season just an incredibly unhappy ending. Still can't get over how quiet the Dull fans were leaving the Stadium after they had secured promotion. Looking forward to going back to see City at Wembley again. But only a promotion to the Prem will eclipse for me the 2007 - 2008 season. 

Always Believe.

Archived