IGNORED

Mls

DC United for me of course.  I'll admit though, the quality is terrible and the old RFK Stadium stand shakes constantly when the "singing" section jumps up and down.

They used to be really big. I watched the MLS for a couple of years, and obviously the rules are ridiculous, but DC United and LA Galaxy were the big teams.

They used to be really big. I watched the MLS for a couple of years, and obviously the rules are ridiculous, but DC United and LA Galaxy were the big teams.

DC United used to be very successful, but have been struggling more recently.  Incidentally, one of the coaches in the age group that I coach used to play for DC United and John Harkes (and his wife) also coach at my club in Northern Virginia, hence my affiliation.  Former US international player, Eddie Pope is also now coaching kids locally.  The sport continues to grow, and it's great that it sounds like they are now showing games in the UK.  Would absolutely love it if City were to ever play DC United in a pre-season friendly.

I was at the Vancouver Whitecaps v Toronto game yesterday. The standard of football for Vancouver has certainly slippe, based on that performance. They couldn't pass 10 yards, control it and nobody wanted to do the dirty stuff.

Still, football is always secondary to getting a group of 20 odd lads mostly English, into a pub 5 hours before kickoff.

Stevo

Thought it was fun. Only watched the second half though.

Great turnout.

Watching Kansas v RBNY now. They said Kansas have their 54th consecutive sell out! Didn't realise the MLS was so popular.

Unless other teams struggle for fans?!

Watched Sporting Kansas City at home twice, it's a decent day out, the football isn't great but they have a go at making an atmosphere, and have an "end" where they try to recreate an ultras effect (there I said it), it isn't quite right but a decent effort for what it is.

One of the games I saw was a few years back at home to LA Galaxy with Beckham in their side, he was abysmal and the standard was shocking, but it is getting better. Despite copying the wrong Lisbon team, KC is a great city and get behind their sports teams.

Archived