IGNORED

Pitch Invasion

SARJ

Yes, I hope so but not because of the pitch.

Firstly it is an offence under UK law to enter the playing area without authorisation.

But secondly and more importantly, it allows the squad and management to go round the pitch in order to say a thank you to all of us and for us to do the same.

A pitch invasion means most cannot see anything of the players because they are too far from view half way up the Williams.

As an older fan you'll be aware that the recent 'tradition' of the players parading around the pitch only came in after the fences were installed when we went up to the First Division.

Previous to that the tradition was very much for fans to run onto the pitch en masse after the last home match whatever the outcome of the season.

If it's a promotion season the players can thank the fans, and celebrate with them, from the Director's Box- also a very long time tradition.

It's a natural celebration. No need for any dictatorial announcements or sour chiding from DaveL or anybody else.

I will say this and duck...but...

...would seriously hope all could show sufficient presence of mind that if it came to transpire we went up against Swindon, to ensure it is a joyful pitch invasion celebrating our success, rather than the JPT Rovers kind.

The club will put out a statement asking people not to do it, because they have to in order to keep the authorities happy. However they know it will happen and won't actually mind, despite being accused of being killjoys by people on here.

Not all the people!

The club will put out a statement asking people not to do it, because they have to in order to keep the authorities happy. However they know it will happen and won't actually mind, despite being accused of being killjoys by people on here.

Oh really?

Did I imagine the exasperated, and very cross indeed

'Get off the pitch.

GET... OFF... THE... PITCH!

GET OFF THE PITCH - NOW!'

Coming from the tannoy after the final whistle last season then? :dunno:

Oh really?

'Get off the pitch.

It's pretty tinpot if you've got nothing to celebrate.

Oh really?

'Get off the pitch.

Haha, I remember that. Trying their best to sound annoyed.

Of course there will be one, always a great occasion when celebrating something.

Depends on the 'invaders'. I see nothing wrong with kids of school age wanting to get up close to their heroes, I used to when I was at school. Last game of the season was was always on the pitch and hopefully get a chance to speak to the players.

The club won't want people on the pitch as the rugby Playoffs are soon after the season finishes I think.

They are but the state of the pitch is much less important. Though the semi final first leg is scheduled for the same day as the last day of the season. But as the pitch will be used uniquely for rugby after the 3rd of may the groundstaff I'm sure will do a grand job

People will be flooding down those stairs for a fair while before full time in order to be ready I would imagine.

Ah but we aren't allowed to descend the stairs and linger, The Stewards have laminated signs don't you know.

And yes, come on glynriley I reckon even my little legs could get over the advertising hoarding if I wanted to badly enough...and I bet yours could too if you had to as well!

It's a traditional celebration to mark the end of the season which stretches back many decades.

It's never been reserved for promotion seasons and there's nothing tinpot about it at all.

Archived