IGNORED

Every Seen 3 Away Wins In A Week Before..?

Bar BS3

At the start of last week I was sat with my tickets for the upcoming 3 away fixtures, looking at the possible outcomes and content in the knowledge that 5 points would be decent, 6 would be great and 7 would be fantastic.

Now having secured the maximum 9 point haul from those games, I got to thinking that I certainly can't remember having watched 3 away wins in the space of a week, in the 25 years that I have been supporting City. 

Do any longer standing fans recall having whitnessed this before, or is it another new record for this outstanding class of 2014/15...?

Defo a statoholic question.  In my 25 years of following City I certainly am struggling to remember anything close to it. 

*opens up city stats*

These are the away results from 1975 - 2008 (sorry CS is desperately in need of new data inputer..) the city scores are on the left always.

http://citystats.org.uk/search.asp?txtOpponent=&selComp=&selDateType=since&selDate=1975&selSort=matchdate&selFind=&selVenue=A&selAbandon=

Can see in Apr of 2006 we won 3 on the spin but that was between 8th & 22nd.

At the start of last week I was sat with my tickets for the upcoming 3 away fixtures, looking at the possible outcomes and content in the knowledge that 5 points would be decent, 6 would be great and 7 would be fantastic.

Now having secured the maximum 9 point haul from those games, I got to thinking that I certainly can't remember having watched 3 away wins in the space of a week, in the 25 years that I have been supporting City.

Do any longer standing fans recall having whitnessed this before, or is it another new record for this outstanding class of 2014/15...?

Without a trawl through all the history books, I would hazard a guess that 3 away wins in 8 days is unique.

Best I can come up with is:

Sep 4 a. Millwall 3-1

Sep 9 a. Colchester 2-0

Sep 11 h. Southampton 2-0

Sep 14 h. Colchester 4-0

Sep 18 a. Coventry 3-1

Sep 21 h. Walsall 5-3

Sep 25 h. Brentford 2-1

Sep 30 a. Walsall 3-1

Oct 2 a. Brighton 1-0

There are at a quick glance, many occasions when we have won three games in 8 days when two were away.

Defo a statoholic question.  In my 25 years of following City I certainly am struggling to remember anything close to it. 

*opens up city stats*

These are the away results from 1975 - 2008 (sorry CS is desperately in need of new data inputer..) the city scores are on the left always.

http://citystats.org.uk/search.asp?txtOpponent=&selComp=&selDateType=since&selDate=1975&selSort=matchdate&selFind=&selVenue=A&selAbandon=

Can see in Apr of 2006 we won 3 on the spin but that was between 8th & 22nd.

Great lot of info on that site, I'd forgotten how good it was. Shame to let it fade now, how easy is it to update?

Great lot of info on that site, I'd forgotten how good it was. Shame to let it fade now, how easy is it to update?

Fairly simple in current guise.. Volunteers welcome!

3 in 10 days in March 1990 by looks of it:

10th Mar Shrewsbury 1-0

13th Mar Blackpool 3-1

20th Mar Swansea 5-0 (super bob hatrick wasn't it?)

And that even more impressive given that Dean Horrix died in a car crash on the evening of the Shrewsbury game.

The Swansea win was the best away win I have ever seen.

And that even more impressive given that Dean Horrix died in a car crash on the evening of the Shrewsbury game.

The Swansea win was the best away win I have ever seen.

Jez, poor Dean Horrix. Remember that coming up on Ceefax and just staring at the screen hoping they'd made a mistake

3 in 10 days in March 1990 by looks of it:

10th Mar Shrewsbury 1-0

13th Mar Blackpool 3-1

20th Mar Swansea 5-0 (super bob hatrick wasn't it?)

Get tears in my eyes thinking about that season. Swansea was just unbelievable, what a night out. Everything Taylor touched went in, what a legend that man is

Before the dreaded fixture computer (when was that?) fixtures seemed to have been more even home v away. I doubt there have been many cases of Sat/Tues/Sat all home or away in our history let alone winning them all! Christmas and Easter games came thick and fast but you'd always have a mix of home and away. Possibly in the sixties after a bad winter when we would be playing catch up after postponements? Doubt it though.

We must be on for a few records if we continue this run of form until the end of the season - don't anybody look though!!!!

Before the dreaded fixture computer (when was that?) fixtures seemed to have been more even home v away. I doubt there have been many cases of Sat/Tues/Sat all home or away in our history let alone winning them all! Christmas and Easter games came thick and fast but you'd always have a mix of home and away. Possibly in the sixties after a bad winter when we would be playing catch up after postponements? Doubt it though.

We must be on for a few records if we continue this run of form until the end of the season - don't anybody look though!!!!

Fair comment, but still think the computer works pretty much that way. This of course was Tue/Sat/Tue, which is only relevant to the extent it happened in the first place by us wedging an extra Tuesday match in there, rather than it being the computer as such. Indeed, the three Saturdays were initially away/home/away, with three Tuesday fixtures then making it five away in six!

Archived