IGNORED

Kieran Agard

Londoner

Now I don't mean to bring some negativity to otib but he was woeful today.

I can see SC logic of playing him, scored last week and real praise in the press but today at times he didn't look up to it. With the exception of last season he has done nothing in his career....and the fact that only us and Leeds (could be wrong) we're in for him suggests that perhaps he isn't that good.

Today some of his touches were Sunday league standard, in fact, they were worse than that....yes he works hard and has strength....but this notion that he was quicker than baldock is clearly just not true.

He started slowly for us, got a couple of scuffed goals and tap ins mainly due to having a decent positional sense....but for me if we are going to go up I can't see him stepping up to the expected and better standard.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, but can't help but feel that this guy isn't that good....maybe the fact teams heavily underestimated Rotherham last season enabled him to have lots of space....he will never get that at Bristol City.

I actually can't think of a time this season where he has actually scored with a clean strike.

Londoner - I'm sure you will get a bit of flack, but I believe you're right. He has poor ball control when under pressure and is brushed off the ball by defenders. As you say, one good season at Rotherham, but before that he was released by Yeovil !!

"and the fact that only us and Leeds we're in for him suggests that perhaps he isn't that good."

You're joking yeah? I'm sorry but if Bristol City and Leeds United are fighting for your signature it means you're pretty good! He isn't what we were hoping to get and yes I'd drop him for JET on Tuesday, but no good slagging him off when he doesn't play well. This club needs a scapegoat and sadly it's agard at the moment.

"and the fact that only us and Leeds we're in for him suggests that perhaps he isn't that good."

You're joking yeah? I'm sorry but if Bristol City and Leeds United are fighting for your signature it means you're pretty good! He isn't what we were hoping to get and yes I'd drop him for JET on Tuesday, but no good slagging him off when he doesn't play well. This club needs a scapegoat and sadly it's agard at the moment.

sorry but if he was that good bigger better clubs than us and Leeds would be in for him....look at Doyle as a perfect exams who had 5/6 etc.

He isn't a scapegoat he just hasn't been very good....and the fact the vast majority have been very disappointing proves my point.

I'm not a massive fan, he's a bit of a headless chicken sometimes. His first touch isn't great but my biggest gripe with Agard is the lack of pro-active movement. As Wilb goes up for a header he is NEVER gambling off of the upcoming flick on, he rarely makes runs into the channels before the ball is played. He is constantly flat footed and reactive and sometimes his pace makes that work but generally he is in the team on work rate alone.

No doubt JET should have played today and 100% should play Tuesday.

Dear oh dear.

Agard cost us a fair bit but has been an effective team player all season of a side that is running away with the league.

He may well not be good enough when we go up but his 26 goals last season for Rotherham suggests to me that he is plenty good enough for his current standard.

Eoin Doyle, great example by the way, not a single Championship goal since he joined Cardiff 8 games ago...

Ahhh the scapegoat thread, not had one of these for at least 24 hours.

It's not the scapegoat thread. This is a discussion where people give their honest opinions. That's what the forum is all about.

Ahhh the scapegoat thread, not had one of these for at least 24 hours.

Why are you saying scapegoat thread? Someone is giving an opinion on a player, just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he is looking for a scapegoat.

Quite a few people on here are of the same opinion, I also am one that doesn't think Agard is up to it

Why are you saying scapegoat thread? Someone is giving an opinion on a player, just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he is looking for a scapegoat.

Quite a few people on here are of the same opinion, I also am one that doesn't think Agard is up to it

What is the "it" that he is not up to, league one football? I

I'll defend a player that helped take 9 points out of the last 3 away games. It's always the strikers that get stick.

We have it with now with Agard & JET and in recent years with Baldock, Pittman, Taylor, Stead

Needs a break, time for JET me thinks on Tuesday.

This...but to put a balanced argument out there I have a client who is a Rotherham season ticket holder despite living in bristol, and I speak to him on a regular basis, and he actually put a big bet on us winning the league on the fact we signed Agard...and he is convinced if they kept him they would be very comfortable...he is not sure why it hasn't worked out but he fitted perfectly in the system at Rotherham,...horses for courses but does it matter we are going up and he has another season to prove himself, I think a very good squad player for next season but a couple of strikers are my only priority in the summer, rest of squad picks itself

sorry but if he was that good bigger better clubs than us and Leeds would be in for him....look at Doyle as a perfect exams who had 5/6 etc.

He isn't a scapegoat he just hasn't been very good....and the fact the vast majority have been very disappointing proves my point.

How many has he scored for Cardiff?

JET should be starting for me very unlucky to be left out, I appreciate Agards workrate but the ball control is poor and I've been disappointed by the lack of shots he's got in ever since he's been here, not a poor signing by any means but not the player I was expecting.

He may improve in time but in the present I believe JET should start Tues then if ok start at Wembley,

Made great quality signings last summer. The only disappointment has been Agard. Injury, lack of confidence who knows? Last season a one season purple patch, who knows? At the moment JET looks more likely to make a chance or score. Not impossible that Agard comes good for City Cotts clearly has belief in him but I'm less convinced with each performance.

Archived