IGNORED

Today's Ref

Redmycolour

He allowed the afternoon to descend into World Of Sport wrestling. I thought Kendo Nagasaki was going to come on at one time.

Blew up every time a blue shirt fell over whilst allowing Wilbs to be held in full arm-lock during every set piece, and allowing Flint to be blatantly barged off the ball.

Also someone should tell him that you only play advantage if the side in possession would lose an advantage by stopping to take a free kick. If you've been hindered so much that the opposition have had chance to get back in numbers and organise a defence give a flaming free kick!!!!

Not really suprised anymore about the poor and inconsistent referee's. While the referee's and poor Linesmen get such an easy ride from our supporters it will continue. We see how crowds who get on the officials back can have an influence, yet they don't have that problem at the Gate. Our Manager asks for a more Hostile approach,but today it resembled a Library at times. That is not going to get the 50/50 decisions to go our way.

Gillingham contested just about every decision that went against them today; their number 7 was particularly persistent in this respect, even when he was clearly wrong. They seemed much more aggressive in this respect than in previous games this season. I thought the ref was swayed by this to some extent.  

Gillingham contested just about every decision that went against them today; their number 7 was particularly persistent in this respect, even when he was clearly wrong. They seemed much more aggressive in this respect than in previous games this season. I thought the ref was swayed by this to some extent.

I noticed this, waving their arms in disbelief at straightforward corner decisions, correctly awarded against them. I wondered at the time whether this influenced the ref's failure to spot the assault on Flint.

Not really suprised anymore about the poor and inconsistent referee's. While the referee's and poor Linesmen get such an easy ride from our supporters it will continue. We see how crowds who get on the officials back can have an influence, yet they don't have that problem at the Gate. Our Manager asks for a more Hostile approach,but today it resembled a Library at times. That is not going to get the 50/50 decisions to go our way.

yeah sort yourselves out lads the amount of singing directly relates to the standard of official the f a send to ref our games

D1ckhead

I noticed this, waving their arms in disbelief at straightforward corner decisions, correctly awarded against them. I wondered at the time whether this influenced the ref's failure to spot the assault on Flint.

You aren't referring to the corner decision where Flint headed it out for a goal kick and the ref gave a corner instead are you?

He was an inconsistent referee whose decision making was very poor and felt he needed to demonstrate he was in control.  Short man syndrome.

Controversially I actually thought he was one of the better ones we've had this season, though it was a clear penalty on Flint and he was very lenient over their time wasting.

I agree. I thought that in general he controlled the game well and tried to play advantage whenever possible. However he obviously missed a blatant penalty when Flint was dragged down.

I agree. I thought that in general he controlled the game well and tried to play advantage whenever possible. However he obviously missed a blatant penalty when Flint was dragged down.

I agree that he did try to play the advantage rule, but once in the first half one of their players was pulling Little back for about 5 yards, ref waved played on when little eventually broke free but surely he should have then booked the player when the ball went dead. He was so inconsistent it makes you think what the referees are like further down the leagues!!

A lot of people are talking about the obvious pen.  It was clearly a trademark ippon seoi nage (yeah, OK, I googled it) throw but I thought that Flint was doing a deal of wrestling just before the over shoulder chuck.  I wonder if the ref just decided to let the keeper carry on with a goal kick rather than stop play??  Be interested to see it back.

What I found most annoying about the ref was his habit of stopping play and awarding a freekick to a team just because they had a player injured irrespective of whether a foul had been committed or not.

Archived