IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire's Official Website

Dynamite Red

Luke Wilkshire's official website

this season hasn't been what I'd hoped for. I honestly don't think the football in this division suits my style of play. I'm not being funny about it, I just believe I'd be able to contribute to and influence games to a better degree at a higher standard

However, in professional rather than domestic terms, it may be the best to move on. At this point in time there are alot of variables out there and we need to see what materialises.

Quotes taken from below link.

A summer of uncertainty

Maybe luke is hoping to move to another club.

I hope he stays. I definately believe that he has the ability to suceed at City and at a higher level. People have to remember that it was only a few months ago that they were naming him as City's player of the season and tipping him to progress to a higher level with or without us.

What this website seems to show is that he was hoping for promotion (as we all were) and is gutted that we didn't get it (again, as we all are).

It seems to me that his biggest concern is of the change in manager, clearly Wilson had managed to persuade him that it was worthwhile dropping 2 ;leagues and subsequently Wilkshire had a lot of faith in Wilson. Hopefully he feels the same about Tinnion as i believe Wilkshire is a class player and given the chance will prove himslef to be a massive hit for us.

Guest Spunkwood

he plays diff roles for City and Ozz but that couldda just been Wilson and the dodgy tactics, I understand what Luke has to say its all true he's a good lad

he plays diff roles for City and Ozz but that couldda just been Wilson and the dodgy tactics, I understand what Luke has to say its all true he's a good lad
I agree.

I sounds like he's a bit unsettled and wants Tinnion or the board to confirm his future at the club.

Perhaps he should put his international career on hold for a while if he really wants to make it at City.

Last season was disrupted by call-ups and next season will be too.

We really need full-time players , totally committed to City to get out of this division.

From being a fan, I'm much less sure about Wilkshire now, not at all certain if it wouldn't be best for both parties to have a parting of the ways.

Providing we can get our money back, at least.

Guest bristollionheart

Luke Wilkshire formed a lethal midfield partnership with Carlos Marinelli in the Middlesborough youth teams and they were playing so well that they were thrown straight into the reverse side together whilst 17 years old and continued to shine. I don't think he's translated that impressive form into first-team football at all, big things were expected of him in the Premiership and he didn't deliver, he's still not living upto his early potential down here in the lower leagues either. Shame really, he was apparently a great prospect when he first arrived at Boro, good pass, good cross, good ball control, good link-up play and all that, he's under-achieved.

Guest Lockerman

I for one hopes that he will put the dissapointment of the play off's behind him as we all have to do, I believe that he is and will be a quality player, and hopefully it will be with the City.

But my one big concern is that if he is feeling unsure what are the rest of the players feeling at this moment, there whole career has taken a big swerve, by losing there manager to find that Tinns and Millen are taking over, openly at the moment they will say that they will support Tins as manager, by I just wonder how they really feel inside. ??????????? :cool:

It is good to read the sensible views of what seems to be an articulate and thoughtful player.

He should do better next year without Danny's weird team selections.

I like him in the middle and expect him to gradually replace Tinman.

I suspect coaching was poor under Wilson/Barlow so if Tinman/Millen can get this right both individually and collectively it could be an interesting season.

It seems to me that his biggest concern is of the change in manager, clearly Wilson had managed to persuade him that it was worthwhile dropping 2 ;leagues and subsequently Wilkshire had a lot of faith in Wilson. Hopefully he feels the same about Tinnion as i believe Wilkshire is a class player and given the chance will prove himslef to be a massive hit for us.

Check the date of the article. It looks like he wrote this prior to Danny getting sacked which may explain his uncertainty whether the club want him or not.

You neglected to mention:

'If it's time to move on then I'll be disappointed'

'I don't know whether the club want me to stay or not...I guess it just depends on the financial position here.'

I for one want him to stay. He's got massive potential, and it was really shining through before xmas (Brighton away was it?).

Wilks and Doc in the center, Brown and Murray on the wings. now THAT is a midfield!

I hope he goes and we can recoup a good portion of the money we wasted.

And before the normal people start with the "oh, it's Wilkshire's turn is it crap"; I don't rate him and am allowed to have an opinion.

I hope if he does stay, he can convince me to change my opinion of him. I'll be glad to.

But, as it stands, I see nothing to convince me he was worthy of any sort of transfer fee, let alone the large wad we paid out.

Guest bristollionheart

I don't think fans like the fact that Luke doesn't like to get stuck in and is easily out-muscled, but he is a good footballer yet to prove the potential he had in Boro youth and reserves. We expected him to take players on with pace when he was strangely played out of position on the right-wing for us, because we'd just lost Scott Murray, so it wasn't his fault, he's a ball-player (a ball-player who assisted more goals than anybody else last season), and Danny didn't even know that until he came here!

Here is the situation, Danny had money to spend and just splashed out, what happened was Danny read that Alan Pardew said if he couldn't sign Scott Murray from Bristol City then he'd sign Luke Wilkshire from Middlesborough, that's what Alan Pardew said last summer so Danny automatically thought that Lukey boy was similar to Super Scotty Murray but Pardew didn't mean that at all! Pardew had a small ammount of cash to spend and wanted either Murray as a winger or Wilkshire as a midfielder. So when the Aussie lad first arrived, without Danny or Frank ever seeing him play before, Danny said "he's an exciting right winger who will become a fans favourite here", that is the one thing that annoyed me most about Danny, even I knew that he was a central midfielder who preferred to play the ball before he came to us, and so it proved, still can't believe the situation, ridiculous.

Here is the situation, Danny had money to spend and just splashed out, what happened was Danny read that Alan Pardew said if he couldn't sign Scott Murray from Bristol City then he'd sign Luke Wilkshire from Middlesborough, that's what Alan Pardew said last summer so Danny automatically thought that Lukey boy was similar to Super Scotty Murray but Pardew didn't mean that at all! Pardew had a small ammount of cash to spend and wanted either Murray as a winger or Wilkshire as a midfielder. So when the Aussie lad first arrived, without Danny or Frank ever seeing him play before, Danny said "he's an exciting right winger who will become a fans favourite here", that is the one thing that annoyed me most about Danny, even I knew that he was a central midfielder who preferred to play the ball before he came to us, and so it proved, still can't believe the situation, ridiculous.
Is this fact or fiction?

Guest bristollionheart

Fact!

It's obvious, Pardew clearly said that if he couldn't sign Murray he'd sign Wilkshire, but he meant spending the money on a midfielder instead because Murray was the only decent winger available, Wilson thought differently though and described Wilkshire as "an exciting right winger", he obviously had never even seen him play! When he was at Boro he was always in central midfield!

I couldn't care less about Luke "most over rated player in the division" thinks. I have posted several times that Wilkshire despite a big billing just doesn't produce it on the pitch week in week out! For the money we paid for him we could have had virtually any midfielder in the division instead we have a powder puff weakling who has no distribution, a poor touch and can't tackle, warming the bench. Wilkshire is an example of a "big time Charlie" coming down from the Premiership but finding it's a bit more physical than he thought.

If Wilkshire had lived upto his billing and hadn't been off playing for the Aussie 3rd team every second week he might well have guided us into Division 1!!!!!!!

I have heard some season ticket holders describe him as one of the worst value for money signings ever purchased by the club!!

I think he should take his opinions back to League Australia or the Conference where his level of ability belongs?

I know this post will get the Wilkshire lovers up in arms, but can anyone tell me how he contributed last year?? :cool:

£250k your having a laugh Wilson!! No wonder MacLaren was so keen to sell!

Fact!

It's obvious, Pardew clearly said that if he couldn't sign Murray he'd sign Wilkshire, but he meant spending the money on a midfielder instead because Murray was the only decent winger available, Wilson thought differently though and described Wilkshire as "an exciting right winger", he obviously had never even seen him play! When he was at Boro he was always in central midfield!

Seems like a lot of supposition but little substance to me.

Guest bristollionheart

I actually think he'd play much better in Division One than Division Two, because it suits him more, he has good control and good releases, he's a good footballer, but he just hates the physical side of the game, that was evident when Vieira got the better of him a couple of years ago.

Guest bristollionheart
Seems like a lot of supposition but little substance to me.
I swear on my mothers life that it is 100% true, the only thing that I can't swear on my mothers life is if Wilson had never seen him play, but I'm 99% sure he didn't.

Guest bristollionheart

We gave him a chance and he assisted more goals than anybody else last season even though he hardly played after christmas, he's a failure mate :cool:

Guest bristollionheart

I've explained the reasons above, they thought that Pardew meant he was similar to Scotty, which he didn't.

If they did check him out, Wilson would not of said that he is an "exciting right winger", because he played in central midfield for Boro!!

Guest Spunkwood

Play him behind the strikers I say

---------------------------------------Phillips----------------------------------------

Carey-----------------Coles----------------------Hill--------------------Woodman

---------------------------------------Doc--------------------------------------------

Murray------------------------------------------------------------------------Brown

-------------------------------------Wilkshire----------------------------------------

----------------------Roberts--------------------Miller-------------------------------

Guest bristollionheart

No not the diamond! Play him in his natural position, midfield, and play Doherty in his natural postition, midfield. :cool:

Archived