IGNORED

Latest Accounts Upto 31St May 2014

TETBURY MASSIVE

losses coming down is a good thing, the massive drop in TV money (almost 3 million) and drop in gate recepts 500k paid a massive part in that, however I expect the loses to continue to come down and we may see them at about 4 to 5 million for this season which is better I supose,

wages coming down is also good, people need to remember we were still paying for overpaid players in these accounts  (Fontaine, Elliot, etc...)

On the face of it things are heading in the right direction, I think the hard bit will be strengthening the squad for the championship whilst remaining in budget. The ground wont be completely ready to start generating sufficient revenue for another season at least, so a cup run and a few TV games would certainly help bridge the gap.

It's pretty good stuff though considering the revenue we lost from the previous year. 

losses coming down is a good thing, the massive drop in TV money (almost 3 million) and drop in gate recepts 500k paid a massive part in that, however I expect the loses to continue to come down and we may see them at about 4 to 5 million for this season which is better I supose,

wages coming down is also good, people need to remember we were still paying for overpaid players in these accounts  (Fontaine, Elliot, etc...)

Yes quite right people quickly forget these accounts reflect the period to May 2014.

They do show the grim reality of greed and overexhuberance. We've come along way, looking to operate on sound principles, but we have a long way to go yet.

Yes quite right people quickly forget these accounts reflect the period to May 2014.

They do show the grim reality of greed and overexhuberance. We've come along way, looking to operate on sound principles, but we have a long way to go yet.

One of the first things I thought was 'bloody hell, it's no wonder one season of over spending can destroy a club'.. Luckily we have a wise owner who has learned from his mistakes and we are back on track again

So reading between the lines, the club are losing close to 750k a month.

I have a feeling with a small squad this year we've probably got that down to less this season.

So reading between the lines, the club are losing close to 750k a month.

Maybe. Maybe not. This was Monkeh's original point - these accounts are for the period 1 June 2013 to 31 May 2014. To put a bit of perspective on this the last day of that period was almost 2 weeks before the World Cup kicked off in Rio. Except for some specific lines and elements they don't really reveal anything about the club's current trading.

Archived