IGNORED

Time To Relax And Enjoy...i Think

Tall King Blox

c,mon peeps, this is looking like the best season ever,....and i mean EVER, so we are all off to wemberly for a pretty small trophy, this is not the point.....point is we have the beginings of a squad of players that so far have committed their selves to the cause....sunday will not be about win or lose...it will be about US showing THEM what we think, never in life have i ever witnessed a squad of committed guys that need US to show THEM how we feel.....thats all, thanks for reading XXX

Totally agree Kingswood -

Sunday should be a celebration of what SC and the players have achieved so far and an opportunity for the fans , in numbers to say thanks and as you say 'show how we feel'

With AG in transition the opportunities to do so in numbers is very limited.

Also it's a great opportunity to show them the real potential of this club - not sure that Ayling , Freeman , Smith etc would expect us to take 40,000 and may influence their decisions in the future - it can only help

Totally agree Kingswood -

Sunday should be a celebration of what SC and the players have achieved so far and an opportunity for the fans , in numbers to say thanks and as you say 'show how we feel'

With AG in transition the opportunities to do so in numbers is very limited.

Also it's a great opportunity to show them the real potential of this club - not sure that Ayling , Freeman , Smith etc would expect us to take 40,000 and may influence their decisions in the future - it can only help

Thanks for the reply, i knew you would, read yer firtst post tother day.....great first post, showed heart and knowledge, and of course passion......welcome bbsb...as an aside my first computer, or shall i say our (shared with my kids) had a password for our collective joke section....it was bobbobsuperbob.........do you work for MI5 ?

Thanks for the reply, i knew you would, read yer firtst post tother day.....great first post, showed heart and knowledge, and of course passion......welcome bbsb...as an aside my first computer, or shall i say our (shared with my kids) had a password for our collective joke section....it was bobbobsuperbob.........do you work for MI5 ?

My first computer password was 'HugeNorks'.

What are the chances of that Superbob?

It's a small world.

Ha ha , not quite Mask !!!

Was my old name on 606 Forum -

Sir Bob brought me more joy in one season than any other City player I think ....

I guess from your post your probably from a similar era :)

It's funny how different age groups of fan view things differently a lot of the time, fully understandable as we all go thro those changing emotions,beliefs and realistic ambitions as we age.

In the 80s I would have seen the current me as a dinosaur !! :laugh:

Best season ever?

Yep it's an incredibly good one but we've had loads more successful ones....

Well I've been watching City since I was 7 and I'm 37 and this has gone down with me as the best... Everything about this season has been a breath of fresh air...

Our champ play off final was close although we wernt as convincing that season

On course for our first league title since 1955 and our first double ever, are you sure about that?

1905 - 14 successive wins in div 2

Finishing second in the top div in 1907

FA Cup final in 1909

1920 FA Cup semi finalists

1927 - scored 104 goals

1955 - 30 wins

Doing the double over Man Utd in 1974 in a higher div than we are in now

And what about the seasons we stayed in the top division in the modern era? Not a bigger success than this season?

1976/7:

Did the double over Arsenal

Did the double over Spurs

Beat Liverpool at home

1977/8:

Drew home and away with Liverpool - European Cup winning Liverpool

1978/9:

Beat Man Utd 1-3 at Old Trafford

Beat Liverpool 1-0 at home - European Cup winning Liverpool

I could go on...

I'm not knocking this season at all in any way what so ever, it's been brill!

But calling it 'our most successful season EVER' isn't accurate in my opinion

Yep, we've been superb this season, but in division three against teams like Fleetwood, Yeovil, S****horpe, Gillingham, Leyton Orient, Crawley.....

I'm loving this season and can't wait to see us lift a trophy as division winners but I'm keeping it in perspective....

1905 - 14 successive wins in div 2

Finishing second in the top div in 1907

FA Cup final in 1909

1920 FA Cup semi finalists

1927 - scored 104 goals

1955 - 30 wins

Doing the double over Man Utd in 1974 in a higher div than we are in now

And what about the seasons we stayed in the top division in the modern era? Not a bigger success than this season?

1976/7:

Did the double over Arsenal

Did the double over Spurs

Beat Liverpool at home

1977/8:

Drew home and away with Liverpool - European Cup winning Liverpool

1978/9:

Beat Man Utd 1-3 at Old Trafford

Beat Liverpool 1-0 at home - European Cup winning Liverpool

I could go on...

I'm not knocking this season at all in any way what so ever, it's been brill!

But calling it 'our most successful season EVER' isn't accurate in my opinion

Yep, we've been superb this season, but in division three against teams like Fleetwood, Yeovil, S****horpe, Gillingham, Leyton Orient, Crawley.....

I'm loving this season and can't wait to see us lift a trophy as division winners but I'm keeping it in perspective....

Was more taking issue with the 'loads more successful'. And winning titles/cups is the biggest success, rather than individual matches.

Was more taking issue with the 'loads more successful'. And winning titles/cups is the biggest success, rather than individual matches.

Fair play mate, I'm happy to agree to disagree!

Not sure some of my stats were based on 'individual matches' - eg finishing second in the top division, 14 successive wins at a higher level, 30 wins in one season, reaching the final and a semi final of the FA Cup, staying in the top division for four years with notable results along the way against Europe's finest team at the time etc etc

But I do get where you are coming from fella, I just don't think winning div 3 is more successful than being runners up in div 1 etc

Anyway, let's enjoy Sunday and the rest of this amazing season, got my ticket for Preston away today, can't wait. I played on PNE's ground twice in the dim and distant past, happy memories of a proper football club...

Saw this on Twitter. Thought it perfectly sums up our team.

Malverns ?@MalvernsSth_Ken 27m27 minutes ago

Good Luck #BristolCity FC on Sunday at Wembley! Just met some of the team in London - Really nice guys. Credit to the Club

And how long is it since we've been able to say that about our squad off the pitch?

They're a credit to our club and our city.

Archived