IGNORED

"we're The Biggest Football Brand In The World, Yes We Are"

Numero Uno

So in a few minutes time every English club will be out of Europe before Easter!!

Have our Premier League sides been buying Asda Smart Price players at Marks and Spencer prices?

Should have given the Sky money to the grass roots!!

Well done Scudamore, you're doing a cracking job because they've all got time to play that 39th game in Singapore now!!

It's the best league in the world, I heard it said on the radio loads of times, it must be true.

To be fair in terms of excitement, relative competitiveness and attendances (although may be close with Germany) it is. Outside of the big 5 or 6 in Europe there aint much going on. Real, Barca, Bayern are the best 3, but are any other teams in Europe better than Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal? In a one/two off game PSG were lucky to win, on another day Arsenal would have gotten 5 against Monaco.

So in my opinion it is the best league in the world, just doesn't contain the best teams. Our rubbish teams are better than Germany, France, Spain, Italy rubbish teams!

Yep, failure to invest in grass roots football has led to English clubs having to bring in overpriced crap from around the world.

Spain, Italy and Germany now stronger as they have quality home grown players.

Although the Premier League are feeling it the most. The sooner that division crumbles and 'the big 4' (or 5) teams fall apart the better. Long live lower league football

Trouble is all the other European leagues would look after the fixtures of competing clubs, never seems to happen in the PL

I'm quite glad they don't. I don't really agree with the idea of the top four teams competing in the 'Champions' League. Its just a way for the big clubs to get richer. Also because of this, I feel the pinnacle should be winning your domestic league, but too much emphasis is put on just finishing in the top four. Although I do understand winning the European championship would be good for a team.

I feel that if Chelsea won the Premier league but Man City won the Champions League, the media and neutrals would feel Man City had a better season.

I was actually talking about this subject at work today. We came up with the idea of going back to Cup Winners Cup sort of idea.

To keep it the same amount of teams competing across Europe he entrants would be;

Premier League winner

FA Cup winner

Capital One/League Cup winner

2nd place team in Prem would go into knockout against all other 2nd place teams like the 4th place team does now.

This would also give more incentives for the big teams to try harder in the cups as there is a better reward. It may stop the smaller teams getting to finals as we have started to see more recently though.

The Europa league spot taken from the winners of the FA cup could go to 4th so 3rd and 4th will still qualify for Europe. I can't remember if the League cup winners get European spaces but if they do, 5th can still go to Europe.

There you have it, cups have their magic and passion back, Champions league is genuinely a Champions competition. 

I don't really understand why people get their knickers in such a twist about the Premier League; it is what it is. I get no pleasure from seeing Everton get tonked tonight or Arsenal losing to Monaco or Man City being utterly outclassed by Barcelona, in the same way that I don't take any particular pleasure in them winning in Europe. They're not my teams, not my problem. The issues in the English game go beyond TV deals and champions league places; the very basics of coaching have been wrong here for decades. We don't produce sub standard footballers because Chelsea have the cash to go out and buy a Brazilian striker, we produce sub standard footballers because we don't coach them properly

Don't hate the player or the game. Hate the archaic and outdated structures which underly them

I don't really understand why people get their knickers in such a twist about the Premier League; it is what it is. I get no pleasure from seeing Everton get tonked tonight or Arsenal losing to Monaco or Man City being utterly outclassed by Barcelona, in the same way that I don't take any particular pleasure in them winning in Europe. They're not my teams, not my problem. The issues in the English game go beyond TV deals and champions league places; the very basics of coaching have been wrong here for decades. We don't produce sub standard footballers because Chelsea have the cash to go out and buy a Brazilian striker, we produce sub standard footballers because we don't coach them properly

Don't hate the player or the game. Hate the archaic and outdated structures which underly them

The point is the Premier League is the richest in the world and even with all that money swilling around, not enough of it makes its way to the grass roots and it is not used properly.

So in a few minutes time every English club will be out of Europe before Easter!!

Have our Premier League sides been buying Asda Smart Price players at Marks and Spencer prices?

Should have given the Sky money to the grass roots!!

Well done Scudamore, you're doing a cracking job because they've all got time to play that 39th game in Singapore now!!

Yet we still welcome Scudamore to Ashton gate with open arms. Maybe if we ever make it to the PL he'll propose no relegation thereafter..

The point is the Premier League is the richest in the world and even with all that money swilling around, not enough of it makes its way to the grass roots and it is not used properly.

Where it would be wasted on shit coaching. Or if it came to League 1 and 2 clubs would just push up the wages. The Premier League is undoubtedly vulgar and it would be great to see it become less of a closed shop at the top, but it isn't the root of all things wrong with the game

The Premier League is arguably bigger and better and as a rival shouldn't have to liaise with it in the first place. Like the Premier League you tend to get the exact same 4-8 teams in the mix every year, with 2-3 ever with a chance of winning it. Do we really want to go back to the days where the top teams effortlessly blew away the rest of the league, week in week out, being less strained going into European games? I've enjoyed watching the likes of Leicester being expected to beat teams like ManU

Archived