IGNORED

The Wurzels...

BS4 on Tour...

Love the Wurzels, introduced them to a couple of friends that live in America (although i had spent a long time trying to emphasise their differences to most other musical artists) and they loved it

For me I guess to enjoy the wurzels you just have to not take it seriously, have a cider and join in

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

I saw a trio of City fans in Waterloo underground station today. They were eating pasties and standing on the wrong side of the escalator. Please don't play up to stereotypes, lads :facepalm:

Ah, the perils of not understanding London escalator etiquette, but do Londoners understanding pasty eating etiquette? I doubt it.

Drink Up Thy Zider (along with a great little ditty 'Twice Daily' ) was released in 1966.

Next year 2016 will therefore be its 50th Anniversary.

Given that for most of those years DUTZ has been The City's adopted theme tune - wouldn't a 'City Supporter' pilgrimage visit to Adge's (sadly mostly forgotten grave in Nailsea be a good idea?)

I went there a few years ago around the anniversary of Adge's death and was surprised and saddened that his final resting place is marked only by a small square engraved stone set into the cemetery wall (very near to the bus stop on the main road). The inscription is badly weathered and hard to make out and the lack of even a single floral tribute to the memory of such a great West Country son, a man of fantastically underated (by many) talents just hit me as wrong.

The Royal Oak pub where Adge and the original Wurzels played, drank and recorded some of most famous recordings is a short walk from his final resting place..

Would it not be nice to celebrate and pay homage to the man and his song that has given decades of City fans so much pleasure in its 50th birthday year? ...

Maybe leave a few flowers near his lonely grave then toast his memory with a pint or two of cider in the Royal Oak .... (unless any things changed btw I was also stuck by the lack of memorabilia on display in the .pub that he and the Wurzels immortalized - such a sad lack of recognition in Nailsea.

Shouldn't we do something in a small way to rectify that?

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

I saw a trio of City fans in Waterloo underground station today. They were eating pasties and standing on the wrong side of the escalator. Please don't play up to stereotypes, lads :facepalm:

One of my favourite games in London is escalator blocking. Slow down, live longer and be happier. No better way to teach the londoners this than standing to the left. Held up at least 25 people on escalators today and proud.

Tried very hard to have The Blackbird Song as the first dance at my wedding but my Aussie missus put her foot down. Had to settle for it being my second dance. We're now divorced but I still have The Wurzels and I reckon that's probably better. Bumpkin and proud!

Archived