IGNORED

Atyeo Meeting Last Night.

marmite

A guy with a family ticket, 1 adult and 2 kids I think, asked last night if he could add another child when renewing or did he have to wait until general sale to get his seats. He was told to wait until general sale as there would be plenty of availability then. If that's the case, why not let him add the other child now rather than risk not getting the area he wants? Surely better to get another guaranteed supporter on board now rather than risk losing 3!

Sorry, I'm with the club's response on this one.

If you allow those renewing to buy an additional ticket or to put a hold on a particular seat how long do you reckon it would be until threads pop up offering to buy you your Ateyo ticket?

Secondly, why the rush seeing as, unless I am mistaken, the Ateyo will be unreserved seating? The three tickets need not be purchased at the same time. If it was reserved seating I'd be more inclined to wonder if the club should bend the rules but as its unreserved absolutely not.

Secondly, why the rush seeing as, unless I am mistaken, the Ateyo will be unreserved seating? The three tickets need not be purchased at the same time. If it was reserved seating I'd be more inclined to wonder if the club should bend the rules but as its unreserved absolutely not.

Presumably if he's got a family ticket with kids, he's not going to be buying in the Atyeo, he's going to be buying in the South Stand.

Sorry should have made it clearer. He wants to buy in the South Stand as I understand it.

there will be plenty available on general sale then, with the EE going to the atyeo, not all of the williams will be moving to the new stand,

Sorry to disagree with most, but the club's attitude on that is a bit pedantic.

I know that they will have lots of "special" requests but one extra child in the family area will not mean that existing ST holders will miss out.

Rules are fine but occasionally common sense should take precedence.

I know that they will have lots of "special" requests but one extra child in the family area will not mean that existing ST holders will miss out.

Whilst I agree I honestly don't believe this is an occassion where there is any need for common sense.

The bloke is not moving to a particular seat - he is moving to a whole new stand. There's no question of I've been here for X years, bloke normally next to me died, please let me take my boy along in that seat. In that instance I'd also bang on about common sense etc. However, I draw the line when moving to a brand new stand where there is no such history/logistics.

#backofthequeue

How many special requests for "just one extra seat" should the club accommodate?

If two people want the same prime seat who should get preference - an existing season ticket holder who's current seat is about to be lost to ground redevelopment, or a mate/ relative of a season ticket holder who wants to buy a season ticket now?

I think most displaced season ticket holders would be a bit miffed to have choice of left overs after new ticket holders got first dibs.

A guy with a family ticket, 1 adult and 2 kids I think, asked last night if he could add another child when renewing or did he have to wait until general sale to get his seats. He was told to wait until general sale as there would be plenty of availability then. If that's the case, why not let him add the other child now rather than risk not getting the area he wants? Surely better to get another guaranteed supporter on board now rather than risk losing 3!

I did this a year ago and encountered no problems (ie added a season ticket for my 3rd child). The bloke in the shop was reasonable and efficient.

What could have changed??

Archived