IGNORED

Bristol City - Willem Ii Friendly Petition

WTMS

I guess they will decide whether it's a worthwhile game for the team and what other games are available. what the fans want is irrelevant.

Unfortunately I would think this is true. Top flight Dutch side though, surely there would be some merits to it? Better than getting gubbed in pre season by Ajax, did we learn anything from that game?

Unfortunately I would think this is true. Top flight Dutch side though, surely there would be some merits to it? Better than getting gubbed in pre season by Ajax, did we learn anything from that game?

Just that Suarez is half decent!

Not sure if this pre-season (or next) is feasible for a home friendly due to the rebuild.  I'll be amazed if we arrange a home friendly when there's a possibilty that the pitch won't be ready, the South Stand (or new West Stand next year) may not be ready, meaning that they may want to not delay working for a day to accommodate a match if the timescales are tight.  I can't see there being a match at the Gate against Willem II until at least 2017 pre season.  An away friendly may require at least one other match to make it worthwhile from the club's point of view I suppose, so that may also put a stop to it in the immediate future.

I guess they will decide whether it's a worthwhile game for the team and what other games are available. what the fans want is irrelevant.

Bit harsh. The fans wanted a big game in the past, we had Ajax and got hammered.

I think it's all dependent on if we go away again (like Botswana), what deals we have with clubs (e.g. signing someone and promising a friendly etc).

I'm glad we went to Botswana instead of playing Willem last summer as it's proven fruitful. I did think Botswana was a silly PR stunt before.

I've signed it.

Would it be possible (if it does go ahead) for non-segregation of the fans too?

You would hope so. it is an opportunity to do something very unusual. kids matches tournaments. A BS3 team played over there in a tournament they were lucky to get nil!!! The locals there were too good.

Willem II on the football side are more than decent 1-1 v Ajax.

If when signing this petition , you had to put your flight money down or even the cost of the match ticket, then it would give a far more meaningful reflection of the demand for this game IMO.

I can't see the fact that it's scrapped up to 1,500 people so far really make much of an impression on the decision makers.

I'd be up for going if it happens, but not really bothered either way.

If when signing this petition , you had to put your flight money down or even the cost of the match ticket, then it would give a far more meaningful reflection of the demand for this game IMO.

I can't see the fact that it's scrapped up to 1,500 people so far really make much of an impression on the decision makers.

Scrapped does not make sense, or scraped!

A petition does have some meaning. Would 1500 fans signed a petition for a match v Skonto Riga?

Bristol City have played friendlies previously because the Manager once worked in latvia, Steve Lansdown has connections to Botswana, Portugal is sunny, and a cider company sponsored Glasgow Rangers .. A point there maybe wrong, but that is what it looks like.

As you are a fans representative with access to the decision makers you SHOULD be bothered, if you are not does not that call into question what your prescience at meetings is for?

Maybe at the next FAN meeting you could discuss what the FC and its friendlies are for?

The FC exists because of its fans. Here is an opportunity to play a match against a team that has a undeniable link with a section of BCFC fans. An opportunity to play a friendly that is fan centered, not driven by commercial interest / sunny climes, but by fans [some] - The reason the FC exists.

How would that work with no actual fixture, or date made?

Possibly every thread on the topic I have posted the same response: the friendly is not just an opportunity to appease fans. We have a real chance to establish a working commercial partnership with Willem II.

How great would it be next season if we could say arrange a few player swaps during international breaks; we send a few kids and receive a few kids - new ways of training and all that. We could go further: coach swaps - swap a few chaps and get some new ideas. Could also tap in to Williem's scouting network and resources.

There are many more commercial and footballing reasons why a partnership would be good. No reason not to be Willem.

Didnt have to put money up front down for previous games abroad. match ticket no problem but there is no date to buy oned for. what do you think of the idea of a match in Divvys memory and the post by 29R?

Didnt have to put money up front down for previous games abroad. match ticket no problem but there is no date to buy oned for. what do you think of the idea of a match in Divvys memory and the post by 29R?

My point was more to say that just because people take a few moments to say that they want something, it doesn't mean they will actually attend or support it if it is provided.

I think a game in memory of Divvy is a good idea.

I'm not sure of the commercial benefits or clout of Willem in particular, but then we are hardly likely to get links arranged with Juventus are we!

Like I said, if it's arranged then I'd probably go for the jolly, but let's be realistic and not pretend some club restructuring should be based around a few fans who like to meet up for a few beers now and then.

My point was more to say that just because people take a few moments to say that they want something, it doesn't mean they will actually attend or support it if it is provided.

I think a game in memory of Divvy is a good idea.

I'm not sure of the commercial benefits or clout of Willem in particular, but then we are hardly likely to get links arranged with Juventus are we!

Like I said, if it's arranged then I'd probably go for the jolly, but let's be realistic and not pretend some club restructuring should be based around a few fans who like to meet up for a few beers now and then.

People are being realistic. How many city fans went to Latvia or Portugal or Scotland? more go and will go to Tilburg. it doesnt have to be a jolly city can send over kids teams as Bristol junior clubs do. V Fc twente there were a group of oaps who went over to look at Willem II fc and and its facilities etc.

Archived