IGNORED

Wall Mounting A Tv....

BRISTOL86

Just wondered whether anyone here has had a 'proper' (i.e. cables hidden behind wall) wall mounted TV installation done?

If so, who did you use to do the installation work and roughly how much am I looking at? I'm not handy enough with DIY to undertake the task myself (and also like to have a professional to blame when things don't go as I want them!)

I'm looking to get a TV and a pair of speakers wall mounted.

I presume (assuming an internal plasterboard type wall) that it's just a case of cutting out a bit of plasterboard and chasing the cables down behind - and actually isn't too big a job for someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Cheers

Just wondered whether anyone here has had a 'proper' (i.e. cables hidden behind wall) wall mounted TV installation done?

If so, who did you use to do the installation work and roughly how much am I looking at? I'm not handy enough with DIY to undertake the task myself (and also like to have a professional to blame when things don't go as I want them!)

I'm looking to get a TV and a pair of speakers wall mounted.

I presume (assuming an internal plasterboard type wall) that it's just a case of cutting out a bit of plasterboard and chasing the cables down behind - and actually isn't too big a job for someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Cheers

Youtube is your friend.

I'm not doing it myself. I'll only bodge it and end up having to pay more to put it right than I would have done if I'd have used a professional in the first place!

Do it!  I used to be scared of anything DIY, but once you just try you get confidence to do anything.  My Bamboo traps didn't start out as the insta-death man killers that they are today.

I'm not doing it myself. I'll only bodge it and end up having to pay more to put it right than I would have done if I'd have used a professional in the first place!

I have one of these. It is a bracket with moooooo-hassive bolts that hold something stupid like 65kg. The wires are hidden in the silver  casing.

2-amb-2000-bianco-2048-ok.jpg

I have one of these. It is a bracket with moooooo-hassive bolts that hold something stupid like 65kg. The wires are hidden in the silver  casing.

2-amb-2000-bianco-2048-ok.jpg

I don't like the looks of that personally, but it's a nice solution for those who don't want to tamper with their walls.

Trouble is I have a lot of kit to go beneath it so will need a large unit underneath. AV Receiver, Console, Sat Box, NAS, Router etc.

Excuse the crude photoshop skills but this is my "vision" :laugh: :

So there will be the wall mounted TV, wall mounted speaker either side. I'm presuming a chase/cavity behind the TV with two smaller ones behind the speakers which feed into the main one, with all wires exiting the wall at the base, behind the unit.

46c12b27f9bc78e6bb345add3ddfcf98.png

I don't like the looks of that personally, but it's a nice solution for those who don't want to tamper with their walls.

Trouble is I have a lot of kit to go beneath it so will need a large unit underneath. AV Receiver, Console, Sat Box, NAS, Router etc.

Excuse the crude photoshop skills but this is my "vision" :laugh: :

So there will be the wall mounted TV, wall mounted speaker either side. I'm presuming a chase/cavity behind the TV with two smaller ones behind the speakers which feed into the main one, with all wires exiting the wall at the base, behind the unit.

46c12b27f9bc78e6bb345add3ddfcf98.png

Someone like aerials direct then - I seen some they did in an office and they looked smart

http://www.aerialsdirectbristol.co.uk/tv-wall-mounting.html

What happens if you decide to get a new telly or one of your cables give up?

Well I've only just bought this TV so I plan on having it at least 10 years! When the time comes, just remove one bracket and install another, in theory.

Cabling should be easy enough to swap out if required, as it should feed down via the "chamber" or whatever they put into the wall, something like this. Just pop the TV off the bracket and access the cable route.

e361114e7b271bab15515341cff3761a.png

Well I've only just bought this TV so I plan on having it at least 10 years! When the time comes, just remove one bracket and install another, in theory.

Cabling should be easy enough to swap out if required, as it should feed down via the "chamber" or whatever they put into the wall, something like this. Just pop the TV off the bracket and access the cable route.

e361114e7b271bab15515341cff3761a.png

You haven't got a big one then.

Make sure you put a sticky on EVERY wire for quick identification.  

I'd also consider plastic cable tidy sleeves, will stop them getting gnawed by hungry mice should you get any visitors of that type.

There will only be one input to the TV as everything goes through the AVR which will be at the base. Console, sky box etc. will all plug into the receiver at floor level.

Good shout on the cable sleeves!

Archived