IGNORED

Really Annoyed With The Club

BRISTOL86

Our season ticket party consists of three:

- Ambulant disabled

- Carer

- Standard adult ticket

Now, because there is a disabled person in our group, online renewals are unavailable.

We have been forced to relocate through no choice of our own, and now the earliest we can get down to the ground is Friday, if not Monday.

We went down today during lunch hour to be met with a three hour queue which hadn't moved after 25 minutes when we abandoned ship and headed back to work.

So by the time we are able to get back down there, you would think the majority of 'prime location' seats in the South Stand will have been taken up by those who can just log on and buy without hassle.

Now I'm a pretty easy going guy, but this has really annoyed me. In this day and age there is absolutely no reason why online tickets are available only for some supporters and not others.

We will essentially end up with a poor seat selection because we have a disabled person in our party. Doesn't sit well with me, frankly.

Our season ticket party consists of three:

- Ambulant disabled

- Carer

- Standard adult ticket

Now, because there is a disabled person in our group, online renewals are unavailable.

We have been forced to relocate through no choice of our own, and now the earliest we can get down to the ground is Friday, if not Monday.

We went down today during lunch hour to be met with a three hour queue which hadn't moved after 25 minutes when we abandoned ship and headed back to work.

So by the time we are able to get back down there, you would think the majority of 'prime location' seats in the South Stand will have been taken up by those who can just log on and buy without hassle.

Now I'm a pretty easy going guy, but this has really annoyed me. In this day and age there is absolutely no reason why online tickets are available only for some supporters and not others.

We will essentially end up with a poor seat selection because we have a disabled person in our party. Doesn't sit well with me, frankly.

Why not buy on line and enter the seat for the ambulant disabled at the nearest price to their ticket. Then contact Ticket Office by phone or email when the initial rush subsides to sort it out. You will have the seats you want and the club will sort out the admin.

I am having to wait to upgrade my seat into a dual football and rugby. I got City seats sorted out and will add the other when all the hubbub is gone.

same problem for me, was going to get down the ground about 12 sat to try and get sorted out there because of this but sounds like that might be leaving it to late with the amount of problems people are having today, why oh why do the club make such an easy procedure so hard, its like they dont want to take our money. :disapointed2se:

Why not buy on line and enter the seat for the ambulant disabled at the nearest price to their ticket. Then contact Ticket Office by phone or email when the initial rush subsides to sort it out. You will have the seats you want and the club will sort out the admin.

Not sure what you mean. The carer ticket is free so not sure how you can do that.

Dave L told me today that online is not an option for us and we have no choice but to do it at the ground.

In fairness to the club they have to see proof of disability (DLA letter etc.) I guess this can only be done by personal visi .

You should be able to either attach soft copy documentation to the ticket application online or have a reasonable timescale to provide hard copy evidence to the club else your seat gets released.

Absolutely no reason why disabled supporters should be excluded from online ticketing.

Especially in this situation where we're being forced to move, and because of the inflexible options we have, being disadvantaged in terms of where we sit.

Hundreds, if not thousands of people will have been able to buy their seats online before we have an opportunity to do so in person. Hardly seems fair that we end up with an inferior seat selection because they're not all 'normal' tickets.

In fairness to the club they have to see proof of disability (DLA letter etc.) I guess this can only be done by personal visit .

surely not if you are renewing from last season, not being funny here but im sure there isnt many people who become undisabled, im sure you are right in as much as this is what the club is doing but seems a bit OTT

surely not if you are renewing from last season, not being funny here but im sure there isnt many people who become undisabled, im sure you are right in as much as this is what the club is doing but seems a bit OTT

Indeed. These are all renewals, not new.

To make it worse, before this season, the carer was paying full price for his season ticket for 15+ years, no-one at the club saw fit every year upon renewal to advise that as the carer it was not necessary.

Not really the club's fault, that, however it still staggers me that it's acceptable to have options unavailable to disabled supporters but available to others.

Not sure what you mean. The carer ticket is free so not sure how you can do that.

Dave L told me today that online is not an option for us and we have no choice but to do it at the ground.

Pay for the cheapest ticket available and get a refund/ sort out the paperwork later? That is what I would do rather than joining a mile long queue or engaged phone line.

Indeed. These are all renewals, not new.

To make it worse, before this season, the carer was paying full price for his season ticket for 15+ years, no-one at the club saw fit every year upon renewal to advise that as the carer it was not necessary.

Not really the club's fault, that, however it still staggers me that it's acceptable to have options unavailable to disabled supporters but available to others.

True, I only found out about this option THIS time.Bit like the government here, they don't go out of their way to tell you what you're entitled to, you have to do the research yourself .

EDIT....BTW you can only get an extra gratis ticket if you receive middle rate DLA (something else I only found out recently ) .

Pay for the cheapest ticket available and get a refund/ sort out the paperwork later? That is what I would do rather than joining a mile long queue or engaged phone line.

Don't really think that's a solution (with all due respect).

Can't see the club looking too favourably on those that have deliberately circumvented the system (no matter how crap said system is)....

It's a good point you raise but, and I'm sorry if this seems churlish as that is not my intention, but I think you are pretty dramatically overexaggerating the consequences.

That's one gert big stand that's being built and there at least should be plenty of room for everyone. In terms of not getting the very pick of the seats I would wager with you that by the time you can get down there on Friday, perhaps even Monday there will be scores of rows in loads of different boxes for which a season ticket has not yet been reserved. You are hardly going to be left with the dreggs. All that is being shifted now is renewals for those that can be bothered to do it straight away.

Just as you may think its busy there now, there will probably be at least threefold that many who haven't bothered going to renew and won't for some time yet, let the fuss die down.

Ultimately I do sympathise with you because you are right, there is little logic in not selling disabled tickets online with proof of entitlement at a later date or scanned. However, my sympathy only extends to having to trundle on down to the club to do it because frankly I think at this point next year you probably won't be gazing over at Box X Row Y with envy.

If only someone had considered this in advance.  Disabled people are such a pain in the arse though, aren't they? (before someone calls for my resignation, I say this sarcastically as I have a disabled lad).

Any company with a pragmatic, helpful approach would consider a pre-approval process such as "come along and provide proof of disability in the weeks ahead and then order online".

or

"buy your disabled ticket which can only be activated with proof of disability later".

People need to realise that if you treat disabled people differently, unless its completely unavoidable, then YOU are part of the problem

It's a good point you raise but, and I'm sorry if this seems churlish as that is not my intention, but I think you are pretty dramatically overexaggerating the consequences.

That's one gert big stand that's being built and there at least should be plenty of room for everyone. In terms of not getting the very pick of the seats I would wager with you that by the time you can get down there on Friday, perhaps even Monday there will be scores of rows in loads of different boxes for which a season ticket has not yet been reserved. You are hardly going to be left with the dreggs. All that is being shifted now is renewals for those that can be bothered to do it straight away.

Just as you may think its busy there now, there will probably be at least threefold that many who haven't bothered going to renew and won't for some time yet, let the fuss die down.

Ultimately I do sympathise with you because you are right, there is little logic in not selling disabled tickets online with proof of entitlement at a later date or scanned. However, my sympathy only extends to having to trundle on down to the club to do it because frankly I think at this point next year you probably won't be gazing over at Box X Row Y with envy.

A tad melodramatic possibly, but I hink the underlying points are valid.

Although I'm sure we won't struggle to choose a location we like, we had been planning where we'd like to sit for ages, and I don't hold out too much hope that we will have so much choice by the time we are able to do it.

The irony is we are among those who can be bothered to do it early, and are still not able to do so when 99% of people can do it without leaving their house.

If only someone had considered this in advance. Disabled people are such a pain in the arse though, aren't they? (before someone calls for my resignation, I say this sarcastically as I have a disabled lad).

Any company with a pragmatic, helpful approach would consider a pre-approval process such as "come along and provide proof of disability in the weeks ahead and then order online".

or

"buy your disabled ticket which can only be activated with proof of disability later".

People need to realise that if you treat disabled people differently, unless its completely unavoidable, then YOU are part of the problem

Exactly, it's not difficult to implement. It's just not thought of in the first place which is what annoys me.

Why not allow all supporters to buy tickets then give 14 days from application to provide supporting docs then release the seat? Something sensible and pragmatic. Or is that too much to expect?

Exactly, it's not difficult to implement. It's just not thought of in the first place which is what annoys me.

Why not allow all supporters to buy tickets then give 14 days from application to provide supporting docs then release the seat? Something sensible and pragmatic. Or is that too much to expect?

In 2015, it is too much to expect.  (Though do still kick up a fuss).

As life is more than a human rights exercise we pick our battles, of which there are many.  I haven't the energy to add this one to the list, though I hope you do and get the seat you want :)

A tad melodramatic possibly, but I hink the underlying points are valid.

Although I'm sure we won't struggle to choose a location we like, we had been planning where we'd like to sit for ages, and I don't hold out too much hope that we will have so much choice by the time we are able to do it.

The irony is we are among those who can be bothered to do it early, and are still not able to do so when 99% of people can do it without leaving their house.

I absolutely agree that it is a perfectly valid concern. Unfortunately with many of these things its very easy to put a system in place but difficult to envisage all of the issues that may crop up. I think now the club is aware of this problem as soon as reasonably possible changes are implemented - such as, as you said, scanning in entitlement proof or as another said above not activating the ticket until proof is provided.

Hope you lot get the pick of the block that you want.

I think if you are a current ST holder who holds a disability entitlement then you should be able to at least reserve your seat with a period to prove you are still entitled. I guess the club cannot automatically assume your circumstances are the same and as a discount is being offered it maybe open to abuse if not scrutinised properly.

I didn't realise there were perhaps so many people affected. The club had meetings regarding people moving stands maybe they should have thought it through and discussed the problems people who have disability entitlements are experiencing and other combinations of people outside the usual parameters.

I absolutely agree that it is a perfectly valid concern. Unfortunately with many of these things its very easy to put a system in place but difficult to envisage all of the issues that may crop up. I think now the club is aware of this problem as soon as reasonably possible changes are implemented - such as, as you said, scanning in entitlement proof or as another said above not activating the ticket until proof is provided.

Hope you lot get the pick of the block that you want.

Indeed! But in 2015, you'd think 'oh we have some disabled fans - what about them?' would be a question that comes up at the planning stage! Call me demanding....! :laugh:

Indeed! But in 2015, you'd think 'oh we have some disabled fans - what about them?' would be a question that comes up at the planning stage! Call me demanding....! :laugh:

True, but this isn't unusual.  This is the norm.

On the other hand, its much easier having an awareness when you live with it day-to-day, but there really is no excuse when you are a service provider.  You are faced with disability law all the time so consideration of disability is a frequent occurrence.  Have they remembered who our mascot was on Sunday?!

Allowing able bodied people to order online and making disabled people travel is absurd at best, but no surprise.

Admitting it was overlooked would be an admission of incompetence.

If only someone had considered this in advance.  Disabled people are such a pain in the arse though, aren't they? (before someone calls for my resignation, I say this sarcastically as I have a disabled lad).

or

This. Give the customer a time frame to drop in and prove their right to the concession/career ticket etc and if they can't cancel them off. I don't think many people would take the risk if they thought they would lose their season ticket if they couldn't prove it.

Just a thought though...

Could it be due to the fact that restrictions in the ground coupled with a new stand mean that they need to be able to offer the correct type of seat? For instance someone who has difficulty walking up stairs could pick a seat which looks like it would be fine online and then turns out its up 20 flights (exaggeration) or something to that effect. 

This. Give the customer a time frame to drop in and prove their right to the concession/career ticket etc and if they can't cancel them off. I don't think many people would take the risk if they thought they would lose their season ticket if they couldn't prove it.

Just a thought though...

Could it be due to the fact that restrictions in the ground coupled with a new stand mean that they need to be able to offer the correct type of seat? For instance someone who has difficulty walking up stairs could pick a seat which looks like it would be fine online and then turns out its up 20 flights (exaggeration) or something to that effect. 

Solved by a "PLEASE PHONE IN ADVANCE TO SELECT SUITABLE SEAT BEFORE PURCHASING" disclaimer.

Done.

Another problem fixed.  Happy to help.

If you can get through log on at the season ticket page you can view the seating plan. Hover over any section and it will tell you how many seats are still available. Click on any section and it will show you exactly which ones.

There are bloody loads left including in what I would consider prime spots.

This confirms the number of people still unable to buy or not getting round to it yet is huge.

If you can get through log on at the season ticket page you can view the seating plan. Hover over any section and it will tell you how many seats are still available. Click on any section and it will show you exactly which ones.

There are bloody loads left including in what I would consider prime spots.

This confirms the number of people still unable to buy or not getting round to it yet is huge.

Not surprised at this stage. Anyone who went down on a lunch break like us would have turned away instantly, the queue was easily 2hrs if not more. Hoping by Friday I can get it done within the hour. 

Shouldn't be that difficult...

Archived