IGNORED

Supporters Achievement Section

WayOutWest

Not only an employee when she was alive, bless her, but was one of our very biggest supporters and a legend and integral to our support and our supporters 'back then)

Beryl Fudge

Great shout for Beryl.

I was visiting the club shop and she was behind the counter as always. Her first question to me when I walk in was if my son had been born.

My response was yes he is in the car!!

The next thing I new Beryl had him still in his car seat out on the pitch. If only I had a camera as their was my 3 day old son on the centre spot.

She then when on to say she hope that one day he would play for City.

He loves the game and plays ever weekend but like most supports the team from the stands.

So many people do good things, most do it quietly - it would be nigh on impossible to recognize all the deserving cases in the new ground.

Club legends like Beryl, yes, but bit of a difficult precedent when we start featuring fans and their 'achievements' - not really sure how an achievement would be defined?

I know people who've been to every away game for donkeys years, they do it cos they want to but they don't get any recognition.

Lots of us raise money for great local causes, including ones connected to the club, do we all get featured in the ground? Difficult to do i think but I'm not knocking your idea, just think it would be a logistical nightmare to recognize all deserving cases, not just the ones highlighted on here...

So many people do good things, most do it quietly - it would be nigh on impossible to recognize all the deserving cases in the new ground.

Club legends like Beryl, yes, but bit of a difficult precedent when we start featuring fans and their 'achievements' - not really sure how an achievement would be defined?

I know people who've been to every away game for donkeys years, they do it cos they want to but they don't get any recognition.

Lots of us raise money for great local causes, including ones connected to the club, do we all get featured in the ground? Difficult to do i think but I'm not knocking your idea, just think it would be a logistical nightmare to recognize all deserving cases, not just the ones highlighted on here...

I dont think it would be a logistical nightmare.  I also totally understand that people do things not to get recognition.  I still think it would be nice to regconise them. Its an idea that has merits.  25 years down the road, will we remember Mark Divvy Saunders speech that transformed the clubs fortunes, maybe? 

Is this something the supporters trust could look into?

Jer Boon cycling to every game one season raising money for cancer research IIRC.

It may divide feelings on here but the Eastend Ultras with their singing,flags, and murals.  The atmosphere at Ashton Gate used to be embarrassing, when away fans "sang you're supposed to be at home" they were right.  Through the efforts of a committed group of fans this has changed.

Archived