IGNORED

Joint 47Th "biggest" Team In England

devoncider

What relevance to a clubs standing in its own country is it's Global Fan base? Nil in my opinion.

And I know that some clubs had much more prestigious records for winning trophies back in the days of over 100 years ago. How relevant are those now? In my mind an FA Cup Final win by Bradford City or PNE hardly ranks any different to our defeat by Man U in 1909.

Looked like bullshit to me. According to the Mail, Bradford and Watford (to name but two clubs) have a bigger fanbase than us. I beg to differ.

We have larger average crowds; fan base is international.. they are probably correct given the fact both have been in the Premier League and in the era of world live TV. We have not 'arrived' in that era yet.. when we do we will, i am sure, surge past them and many others on this criteria alone; the expat Bristolian is larger than many probably realise given the international history of the city.

So according to the that Barnsley are a bigger club than us. On yer ####ing bike!

I'd say there's little between us. But we've definitely achieved more. And considering we're just a small town club with Leeds, and both Sheffield clubs for neighbours, we definitely punch above our weight. And long may it continue. 

It's quite strange that you lot have never really took off, become a force in the game. A huge city, no big neighbours to worry about, plenty of potential there. Maybe it'll happen one day? I'd imagine that's more likely than us ever becoming a force in the game. 

We have larger average crowds; fan base is international.. they are probably correct given the fact both have been in the Premier League and in the era of world live TV. We have not 'arrived' in that era yet.. when we do we will, i am sure, surge past them and many others on this criteria alone; the expat Bristolian is larger than many probably realise given the international history of the city.

In my world travels, I have yet to meet any johnny foreigners who have adopted Watford or Bradford as their English team on the basis of their fleeting top flight appearances.

And Barnsley's above us too!

Who supports them outside Barnsley, apart from Arthur Scargill!?

Archived