IGNORED

Barnsley Forum

BristolBEAT

You've had a fantastic season. I expected you to. But all the same, must be happy to know you've had a trip to Wembley and that next season you're back in the second tier. As bad as it is, this division, it's often a nightmare trying to get out of it. So to escape within a couple of years must be relieving. I hope we join you, at the first attempt, but deep down I think we'll fall short. We've the toughest run-in possible and injuries have hit us again. Lost our only keeper this week and now set to give a league debut to a kid from Sheffield Wednesday we've today brought in on loan. But you never know. Funny old game as Greavsie used to say. 

Can't say I've known us have much joy down at your place over the years, and I'd happily take a point this Saturday. Good luck in the Championship next season and perhaps we'll see you there...?  ;)

Joe Wildsmith. Saw him play for Alfreton a couple of times last season where he stood out. Highly rated keeper whose part of the Eng U20 setup.

Fair enough, good to see a team that are confident and arent throwing around the 'budget' card but frankly they may well be disappointed come 5PM tomorrow.

Sorry to disappoint you but little Lee said we 'have the biggest budget in the league' during his Barnsley world interview.

Quite enjoyed the "Will Bristol City be exhausted after their game at Wembley" comment.

Good luck with that!

I don't understand that. So will Barnsley be exhausted with their draw against Preston? We didn't play for 300 minutes on Sunday.

City beat a decent team on Sunday without really breaking sweat and I think it will be much the same tomorrow. We are just a very, very good side and all of us need to enjoy these last 8 games as next season may be a tad harder. Barnsley may well sneak into the play-offs but we are different class and they will be put in their place and City will win comfortably 4-0.

Didn`t Sir Glyn de Riley hail from Barnsleyshire?

He certainly did, and played for his home town club for 8 years before transferring to City.

Seeing his long hair I remember christening him 'the playboy from Barnsley' when he made his City debut.

The joke ended up being on me. He ended up an all time City hero, and his 61 goals in 199 apps. were intrinsic to the club's fightback from the depths and our first Wembley win.

Archived