IGNORED

Commuting From Wales?

BRISTOL86

Just wondered if anyone here commuted daily from Wales to Bristol, and how you find it? Is it as bad as it sounds?

Mrs and I are looking to buy a place later this year and its staggering how much more for your money you get in, say, Chepstow which is really just a stones throw away (in theory)

We both work within walking distance of Temple Meads but I gather there aren't direct trains from Chepstow. So I'm guessing I'm looking at driving in which would be costly and frustrating I expect....

Our manager commutes from Bridgend to Easton.

It takes her an hour in rush hour on a good day, if there's an accident or its busy then it takes a lot longer than that.

She's got the tag thing to cut down on the bridge costs.  She's had enough now though and is looking at places this side of the bridge.

Weigh up all your costs. Bridge fares, fuel, rail fares plus the trafic.

We looked at Chepstow, burnham on sea, midsomer norton and radstock. All these areas offer good property for the money.

However, we decided to put all our eggs in one basket and bought a house off the wells rd (knowle).

It means we can walk to temple meads in 15 minutes and we only need to run one car.

Weigh up all your costs. Bridge fares, fuel, rail fares plus the trafic.

We looked at Chepstow, burnham on sea, midsomer norton and radstock. All these areas offer good property for the money.

However, we decided to put all our eggs in one basket and bought a house off the wells rd (knowle).

It means we can walk to temple meads in 15 minutes and we only need to run one car.

Yeah I think it's probably a false economy. We're looking at Whitchurch/Stockwood so could potentially look to move a little further out along the A37 without the commute getting ridiculous.

Yeah I think it's probably a false economy. We're looking at Whitchurch/Stockwood so could potentially look to move a little further out along the A37 without the commute getting ridiculous.

I'm in Bishopsworth which is still easy enough to get to town from, and affordable :)

Archived