IGNORED

If We Go Up, Who Would You Look To Upgrade?

TBW

If we go up, who would you look to upgrade?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just interested to see what positions everyone here feels we should look at upgrading should we be playing in the Championship next season?

I've listed who plays primarily in each position for us currently and made it multiple choice, so select as many players as you feel the club should look at upgrading next season. Obviously if someone ends up with zero votes then everybody feels we're good in that position going forward.

Would personally be interested to see the result of this if enough people vote and then look at it in six months time.

No idea who should replace who in what position, just where should we be looking?

I think it's a case of recruiting players that fit our,current system more than upgrading. I.e. Players who ooze confidence with the ball at their feet. That way, the lesser gifted "ball players" I.e. Flint will still be adequate at championship as they can do their role for the team.

We will need a new striker to replace aging Wilbraham and a centre mid to compete with Pack.

A veteran goalkeeper Is a must also, just so we have experienced back up for Frankie.

Been saying all season, the foundation of our squad is very good! I chose Agard, Williams and Little.

Not so much because of the player but rather because they are positions I feel we need to strengthen. We definitely need another striker to play alongside JET and Wilbraham. Would love to see JET tear the championship up next year. We may find he is vital for us in creating that spark against better defences.

Williams, not because of the player again. Been good all season but we do need another centre back. Someone with experience of the championship for example. A Bikey or Caulker would be great...

And finally Little, although good on the attack I'm not sure how he'd cope defensively in the championship. Good player though and in no way would I be disappointed to see him still playing next season.

To be honest, all those listed players I believe are good enough to make the step up. I'm surprised to see Pack voted for so much also. Of late he's really showed his class and his distribution is different class. Definitely championship standard in that respect!

I voted for Freeman because I didn't want him to feel left out of being told you aren't good enough to play championship football, without actually playing championship football.

Fantastic poll by the way, this team has got us to within a whisker of having a phenomenal season and we want to kick them squarely in the nuts.

I voted for Freeman because I didn't want him to feel left out of being told you aren't good enough to play championship football, without actually playing championship football.

Fantastic poll by the way, this team has got us to within a whisker of having a phenomenal season and we want to kick them squarely in the nuts.

I agree, ill thought out. We all know we will need to strengthen but I wouldn't write any of the present squad off. Plus we have a small squad and need to add numbers not get shot of players.

I went frankie not because he needs upgrading but needs strong competition. Then I went for agard 2bh hasn't lit the world on fire has he I don't think he will be ready for that step up as our main goal scoring striker which leads me to wilbs yes good enough for the championship yes a leader and an asset does he have a full championship season in his legs no but if sl gets his cheque book out for Matt smith then I'll be happy

Been saying all season, the foundation of our squad is very good! I chose Agard, Williams and Little.

Not so much because of the player but rather because they are positions I feel we need to strengthen. We definitely need another striker to play alongside JET and Wilbraham. Would love to see JET tear the championship up next year. We may find he is vital for us in creating that spark against better defences.

Williams, not because of the player again. Been good all season but we do need another centre back. Someone with experience of the championship for example. A Bikey or Caulker would be great...

And finally Little, although good on the attack I'm not sure how he'd cope defensively in the championship. Good player though and in no way would I be disappointed to see him still playing next season.

To be honest, all those listed players I believe are good enough to make the step up. I'm surprised to see Pack voted for so much also. Of late he's really showed his class and his distribution is different class. Definitely championship standard in that respect!

Agree with everything you say apart from Williams.

He's young, good stock, great potential to play at a higher level.

I'd personally have brought in a striker at January, be it on loan or whatever.

I think the poll is going to be pretty unanimous in its result!

Agree with everything you say apart from Williams.

He's young, good stock, great potential to play at a higher level.

I'd personally have brought in a striker at January, be it on loan or whatever.

I think the poll is going to be pretty unanimous in its result!

Yeah, I actually agree with you. I don't think I made what I meant to say overly clear. I meant more like, Williams is a very good player with a good future ahead of him however I feel we need to strengthen the back line if we are to hold our own defensively in the championship. A player like Bikey or Caulker would be the sort of player to solidify the backline. However, like you say, I do think Williams has a future, although I feel one or possibly two of the current backline are going to have to take a step back whilst a more experienced player fills the role.

Archived