IGNORED

8 Men Had A Dream..to Save Our Football Team

redpole

Nice sentiment and all that, but if anyone honestly believes the 8 did what they did do save Bristol City they are sadly deluded. The Ashton Gate 8 were given a fait accompli.

I believe that they tore up their contracts did because they thought that if they didn't then that would mean the end of Bristol City and that is also what they were told.

I don't think that it would have been the end but it is enough that they thought this.

I wasn't deluded last time I checked.

My memory was more, if you do not rip them up, the club goes bust, and you will get nothing. If you do, the club can in a form still continue, but you still get nothing.

Not sure they saw themselves in the saviour mode at the time, rather more than being royally screwed over whatever. Now moved in to urban legend status of course.

My memory was more, if you do not rip them up, the club goes bust, and you will get nothing. If you do, the club can in a form still continue, but you still get nothing.

Not sure they saw themselves in the saviour mode at the time, rather more than being royally screwed over whatever. Now moved in to urban legend status of course.

urban legends are always the best legends though

I wish people would shut the **** up about dissecting this song and it's lyrics.

It's a song that is attempting to remember the AG8 and ensure we never forget the reasons we ended up in that mess. It's not meant to be dissected to the nth degree. Just sing it and have a good time please. Ffs

I wish people would shut the **** up about dissecting this song and it's lyrics.

It's a song that is attempting to remember the AG8 and ensure we never forget the reasons we ended up in that mess. It's not meant to be dissected to the nth degree. Just sing it and have a good time please. Ffs

Steady Harry. Were the people who made up this song actually around in '82?

It doesn't ring true to those of us waiting outside AG that day.

8 men had a dream indeed.  :disapointed2se:

8 men had a dream indeed. :disapointed2se:

Ever smacked a gashead with a brick?

Are Bristol City really the greatest team the world have ever seen?

Would Tinman really kick someone in the head?

I think you can get where I'm going with this!!!

8 men had a dream indeed. :disapointed2se:

Noggers, it was an incredibly dark period for our football club and had those guys not done what they did we very well may not have the club we have today.

It's a song to respect that time in our history, surely a little artistic licence can be applied.

As another poster has correctly put, we are not the greatest team the world has ever seen, we may be red and white but we're certainly not dynamite, I don't always have my red flag flying high, a linesman couldn't possibly stick a flag up his backside, not all of us always believe, I've never knocked a blackbird out of a tree, etc etc.

It's a good song, which is gaining in popularity and can hopefully become a new anthem. Let's not analyse it to death.

Archived