IGNORED

Not Got Out Of 2Nd Gear

Negan

That phrase seems to be the story of our season. After most wins this tends to be said, I'm not trying to be negative as it's been an incredible season, the best I've ever been alive for that's for sure! but why is it after most games we say this? It's very rarely we've gone full throttle and bossed the opposition for the full 90. Granted most teams don't do this but the ones who win the league do! When we win it's not such a problem but when you get a result like today it makes you think back. If we go up we won't be able to get away with playing in "2nd gear" as we'll get punished 9 times out of 10. A point is a good result today against a very good Barnsley side but just felt it we turned it up a bit we might have got something out of this game. Maybe it was a hang over from Wembley or Barnsley were really up for it. I'm sure Preston will be firing on all cylinders tomorrow and what was already a tough April, just got a little bit tougher after today..

Just to add an alternative view, it could be argued that last time we were promoted we continued to play a 1st division type game and with the promotion momentum it worked for one season. Perhaps this is a team and style of play that might be more suited to the championship?.

We finished in the top half in our first three seasons, so I'd say it worked for longer than one season.

Barnsley are the form team and were better than us today. They didn't let us play until the last 10 when they seemed to tire a little. The wind didn't help though

We also had some creativity on the pitch for the last 10-15 minutes,it's no coincidence.

JET & Elliot brought some much needed guile to the team.

JET especially, when he was on the ball the Barnsley players were scared to commit themselves, which finally meant we had time for players in the final third to make runs off the ball.

We were lacking movement before this.

We also had some creativity on the pitch for the last 10-15 minutes,it's no coincidence.

JET & Elliot brought some much needed guile to the team.

JET especially, when he was on the ball the Barnsley players were scared to commit themselves, which finally meant we had time for players in the final third to make runs off the ball.

We were lacking movement before this.

Spot on, Bill.

Archived