IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewals Today

• Admin

Looking at the photo on Twitter the room with people having their teas etc is full now - and the club advising there is over a 2 hour wait, even though a lady just replied by saying that she had already been waiting for 3 hours !

Expect nerves to shred and fuses to go pop there this afternoon !

Yet the amazing thing the club is still bragging about how well sales online are going. . . .

• Admin

If I was Steve L I would sack the person responsible for this season's ticket sales. Obviously not up to the job.

Didn't he get the boot at the start of the season?

Ps the staff are not the problem, it is the IT system behind it which is a bag of shit

Didn't he get the boot at the start of the season?

Ps the staff are not the problem, it is the IT system behind it which is a bag of shit

Dunno if I'd agree, Phant. Someone decided to put tickets on sale with a tiny timeframe for renewal, rugby and the biggest block of STS at the same time. Someone decided that very little notice would have been given for this.

Someone also decided to do all this despite knowing that AG has an "antiquated "phone system, and they decided to keep things in house and not do anything to alleviate the rush.

Whilst the club are tied to a Web deal with a firm that most in the industry consider a joke, the ST renewal pages would still have been "walked through" and signed off by someone from the club. They should have noticed they were confusing, counter-intelligent and did not have some very basic information that was needed. And why set up.a totally unnecessary user number system in the first place? The club holds enough information to verify who season ticket applicants are.

I don't blame individual staff working on this, as others have said, they have been polite and efficient. I blame whoever has made the decisions outlined above.

And to think, I thought Bristol Sport was about bringing a hitherto unseen degree of professionalism to the club's back office operations....

Dunno if I'd agree, Phant. Someone decided to put tickets on sale with a tiny timeframe for renewal, rugby and the biggest block of STS at the same time. Someone decided that very little notice would have been given for this.

Someone also decided to do all this despite knowing that AG has an "antiquated "phone system, and they decided to keep things in house and not do anything to alleviate the rush.

Whilst the club are tied to a Web deal with a firm that most in the industry consider a joke, the ST renewal pages would still have been "walked through" and signed off by someone from the club. They should have noticed they were confusing, counter-intelligent and did not have some very basic information that was needed. And why set up.a totally unnecessary user number system in the first place? The club holds enough information to verify who season ticket applicants are.

I don't blame individual staff working on this, as others have said, they have been polite and efficient. I blame whoever has made the decisions outlined above.

And to think, I thought Bristol Sport was about bringing a hitherto unseen degree of professionalism to the club's back office operations....

I think the system that worked well - i.e. the ticketmaster system - when we were in the Championship was part of the relegation cutbacks.   Hopefully we can see a much improved system if/when we get back up there and minimise the overall running costs with a dual Football/Rugby system.

I think the system that worked well - i.e. the ticketmaster system - when we were in the Championship was part of the relegation cutbacks. Hopefully we can see a much improved system if/when we get back up there and minimise the overall running costs with a dual Football/Rugby system.

Agreed. They need to have a serious think about their Web architecture though.

You should have had an email for the two codes, if not email bristol sport support and they will send the code to whatever email your sons ST is registered on.

I only had the one code sent to me,four times I may add.but your right I should email Bristol sport.cant believe I did not think about that.cheers mate

Agreed. They need to have a serious think about their Web architecture though.

I think they are waiting for the end of the FL deal, certainly for the main website.. unfortunately I think that's still another 2 seasons at least.

got mine and my son in the Atyeo next season, emailed the club who emailed back within minutes with our ID's and bought then online. I have to say though that i found no info anywhere of how to purchase both under my log in until i read this thread.

hi everone,

i went down in person yesterday to renew my season ticket for myself/ my son, in work time and there was a 2 hours wait, so deceided to go online last night to do this.

Everything went fine, my ID/POSTCODE/ SELECTING SEATS ETC, but when i went to pay for them it did not reconise that my son is AMBULANT(he has learning problems) & meCARER, so the price was for a normal person each.

can anyone help please, i have sent them a email saying this but says will get back within 72hours?

OMG what a fiasco!

The club are directing the supporters that renewing season tickets via the online approach is the preferred method. What a joke. The website is an unmitigated disaster.

Firstly the supplied username and my password combo did not work. I tried the postcode of another user who I normal purchase tickets for and it let me in. The tabs make

no sense whatsoever

Been trying every permutation possible on the website to enable me to renew season tickets of me and my family but to no avail.

Whoever is responsible for this ticketing website should be replaced ASAP. Showing pictures of huge queues at the ground would not be necessary if the ticketing website was fit for purpose, it is not. 

This whole ticketing thing smacks back to the whole barcode scanning bullshit of two seasons ago. I thought we'd moved on from those dark days. Great on the pitch, sodding useless management behind the scenes.

The ticketing website is offering me a seat that belongs to the bloke who sits next to me. I shoot the breeze with the bloke but shooting the breeze and purchasing his season ticket may be pushing things a bit. To top it off my daughters season ticket seat is shown as generally available and not taken which I would fully expect a current season ticket holders seat to be prior to the deadline of the 8th. Seriously, I'm speechless.

hi everone,

i went down in person yesterday to renew my season ticket for myself/ my son, in work time and there was a 2 hours wait, so deceided to go online last night to do this.

Everything went fine, my ID/POSTCODE/ SELECTING SEATS ETC, but when i went to pay for them it did not reconise that my son is AMBULANT(he has learning problems) & meCARER, so the price was for a normal person each.

can anyone help please, i have sent them a email saying this but says will get back within 72hours?

Disabled/carers have to renew in person at AG or by phone.   Disabled can't renew online.

So if you have limited mobility you have to get to the 'Gate to renew?!!

Yep, been like that for years.

There are mixed messages coming from the club, ticket office says you have to prove your entitlement every season, club officials say different.

As I have said before, I can't see why, in this day and age, they can't have a system where you can attach a copy of the document required or send it by email.

Archived