Fielding 7

Little 6 goal was his fault....I thinkers

Bryan 7

Flint 6 worse game in a long time to the

Williams 7 solid

Pack 6 rightly taken off, not goodvenoughr

Smith 7 solid

Freeman' 7/8,

Agard. Watched him & thought is he even as good as you or me, saw nothing of all this ckosing down and defending from top etc.

Utter garbage, sorry but his first touch is comical.

Sub's. Savage, Elliott, and Jet were a great improvement.

Jet was class when he came on, scares defenders even when he's (being lazy as some all it) making himself available and in space* has to start every game now or, we will struggle to win this league......or worse!

Today's ratings

Fielding 7

Little 6 goal was his fault....I thinkers

Bryan 7

Flint 6 worse game in a long time to the

Williams 7 solid

Pack 6 rightly taken off, not goodvenoughr

Smith 7 solid

Freeman' 7/8,

Agard. Watched him & thought is he even as good as you or me, saw nothing of all this ckosing down and defending from top etc.

Utter garbage, sorry but his first touch is comical.

Sub's. Savage, Elliott, and Jet were a great improvement.

Jet was class when he came on, scares defenders even when he's (being lazy as some all it) making himself available and in space* has to start every game now or, we will struggle to win this league......or worse!

Ayling? Wilbraham?

Back in from the game as well, hard to disagree with anything the OP said.

I would give fielding a 6, whilst he dealt with nearly everything well, he had to do better with their goal. It was a good shot from range, but he did not even get close to it..

Subs were a big improvement, draw was fair, although you could tell we were the better side.....

Ayling had a good game 7

Wilbs was decent to 7, he was given no support at all from Agard, who tried, but seems way off the pace and low on confidence, and as OP say his touch is Downs league standard...

Ayling? Wilbraham?

Sorry, Ayling was superb, walked the ball out of defence ultimately setting up the game.

Wilbraham- tries bit with Agard as a partner its a waste of his time and effort.

Agard didn't guess or gamble a single flick on, as for running around, saw nowt of that, the lack of a loan signing may bight us in the arse.

I thought Agard did fine. He works hard, chases everything and holds the ball up. JET looked more likely to make something happen, true, but he wasn't significantly better.

I thought Williams didn't do so well. He seemed to be afflicted with the same problems as Pack: both played some truly bizarre passes.

Ayling, on the other hand, I thought was superb. He's an excellent defender and he made a number of good forward runs. He started the move that brought our goal by dribbling the ball out of defence.

I think others are being harsh on Fielding too. The goal looked like he should have saved it and I'm still not sure why he didn't but he made some other brilliant saves including a flying one to keep the ball out of the top corner and reacting quickly to deny (and injure) an unmarked Forte.

I thought Agard did fine. He works hard, chases everything and holds the ball up. JET looked more likely to make something happen, true, but he wasn't significantly better.

I thought Williams didn't do so well. He seemed to be afflicted with the same problems as Pack: both played some truly bizarre passes.

Ayling, on the other hand, I thought was superb. He's an excellent defender and he made a number of good forward runs. He started the move that brought our goal by dribbling the ball out of defence.

I think others are being harsh on Fielding too. The goal looked like he should have saved it and I'm still not sure why he didn't but he made some other brilliant saves including a flying one to keep the ball out of the top corner and reacting quickly to deny (and injure) an unmarked Forte.

He did nothing, I'd get Burns back in and that's an extreme, as a striker he didn't look like creating one single change for himself or his team mates, as a defender I'd rather play against him than JET!

The Plan 'B' is to just play JET instead of Agard. Simple.

Whilst I defended Agard until recently, I've now lost all patience with him. Touches the ball a maximum of 10 times a game, and most of those bounce away from him because his touch is so poor. Can't remember the last time he even had a shot for us

The Plan 'B' is to just play JET instead of Agard. Simple.

Whilst I defended Agard until recently, I've now lost all patience with him. Touches the ball a maximum of 10 times a game, and most of those bounce away from him because his touch is so poor. Can't remember the last time he even had a shot for us

Spot on. Just couldn't get into the game and when he did get the ball his control was awful. We noticeably improved when JET came on.

Can't help but feel not having a nippy in the box striker to replace agard when things haven't been going well may cost us the league title.

Can't talk about today as I wasn't there but against Barnsley was the worse we have looked this season when attacking and we have little in the way of changing things upfront. JET isn't going to save us every time.

To me the goal looked like it was heading straight at one of our players who then moved out of the way and meant fielding reacted late.

Haven't seen a replay but that is how it looked at the time.

Watched Flint closely against Barnsley and he really struggled. If he was worse yesterday this might be where things are going wrong.

Fielding was incredible yesterday. Although I'm not sure how that shot beat him.

If you're trying to pick out a scape goat for collapse (2 draws in a row, wheels have fallen off) you should probably look to Flints left in Williams, who was more keen to kick the ball out of play at every given stage, his distribution was woeful yesterday

I didn't see Agard hold it up once. Sorry! Yes he runs a lot, but down entirely predictable channels, and makes it easy for defenders to cover him. He never finds space, and doesn't have the first touch to create it.

But I agree entirely with the rest of your post: Williams was far from solid and several times lunged in and players got past him, very unlike him. But Ayling is back to his best, some great defending and surging runs forward.

Archived