IGNORED

If We Don't Win The Title...

Not a moan or anything like that, just wondered people's opinions.

At the start of the season a top 6 finish was the wish of many. Over the course of the season it became clear minimum top 2 finish was going to be very realistic.

So if we don't win the league, would finishing 2nd along with our Wembley success be enough? Or would you feel disappointed with not winning the title given the lead we had a few weeks ago and a couple of disappointing results since our win at Wembley?

Personally I would be gutted if we didn't win the league as this is something many people wouldn't have witnessed before including myself. League champions aren't something many clubs get to experience regardless of which league it is in.

If we don't win the title it'll be because there's been a better team than us across the season. But thus far we're the stand-out side.

Six games to go and I'm planning to watch all of them and to see us keep it that way. It's been a great season so far. And it looks like a nail biting finish. Going to be great tomorrow followed by huge games at Preston and Bradford.

Great stuff!

I can't say I understand either the folk who think it's all done and dusted or those panicking. It's a 46 game season.

Everyone is saying that promotion is the aim, that's all we need to get, just make sure we don't come third. But I'll be gutted if we don't win the league and not just because it'll be nice to get a trophy in the cabinet.

If we stay top from now til the end of the season, we'll have been top of the league for 208/276 days this season: over 75%. Obviously it's only who's top on the final day that matters, but for us to be top for so long, it would be gutting to fall away at the end of the season. It's also unlikely that we'll get a good chance to win a league anytime soon, unless - heaven forbid - we drop back to League One. Which brings me to my next point.

Think of the momentum. League and Cup double with a pretty damn small squad. We've assembled a team of winners, run by a manager who is a winner. Let's do what we should be doing and winning the league. If any other club in the country were 11 points clear with less than a quarter of the season to play, everyone - us included - would see them as having sewn the league up.

City are a club that always manage to balls it up from a good position. Think of the Championship season - top with not long to go and we blew it. Let's not do it again.

Win the league and show teams we're pushing for the top end of the Championship too.

If we do blow it, then I'll put it down to the failure to bring in another striker when Smith went back. Reckon if we had signed say Cody McDonald we would be a few points better off than now, Agard 1 goal in 12 just not good enough, however hard he works in games.

At the end of the day promotion is key, but the title was there for the taking, now looking a challenge with PNE having the momentum.

I'd think we'd have let ourselves down as a club if we don't win it.

We've not won a league for a long time and this is our golden opportunity.

3 points tomorrow and one more game closer to getting the league title and those lovely good badges next season.

We've been top for too much of this season to let it go now. If our players are real winners, they'll see us over the line as champions.

This should put us in good stead to regroup and build for a top half champ season next time round :)

I'd say that Preston will have a good season next season too. They've got a strong group and solid foundations to do well again too.

If we do blow it, then I'll put it down to the failure to bring in another striker when Smith went back. Reckon if we had signed say Cody McDonald we would be a few points better off than now, Agard 1 goal in 12 just not good enough, however hard he works in games.

At the end of the day promotion is key, but the title was there for the taking, now looking a challenge with PNE having the momentum.

Playing a striker just because he works hard in games is a sign of negative mentality what ever way you look at it, especially when he (Agard) was deemed not good enough for most of the season and that was why we bought in Smith.

At the start of the season I would have bitten your hand off for 2nd but after leading for sooo long and being sooo many points clear as well as BCFC not winning a league since the thirties, I will be well pissed off.

Appreciate all views expressed, but expectations have risen tremendously as the season has progressed.

To not win the title now would be (for me personally) disappointing, saying that at the beginning of the season I would have been happy with a playoff place.

Personally, I will be pi$$ed right off. The fact we haven't one a title for 60 years shows how infrequently the chance comes along and theoretically could be something City fans go their whole life without witnessing. Would be a massive shame after doing so well for so long this season.

Anyhow, win tomorrow and next Saturday and we should be fine. Easy!

I would be happy to be playing Championship football BUT I would feel that it was a massive lost oppurtunity to win our first title in 3 generations. We will NEVER get a better chance to do that then to season.

Regardless of whether we finish first or second, I think you're right about not getting another forward. Agard just doesn't look like scoring and doesn't retain possession. Jet started scoring when Agard was injured, but Cotts doesn't seem to have much faith in him, which means we only have 2 players challenging for the the striker's positions.

I'm already gutted though! Just landed a contract which requires Saturday working for next 9 weeks!! Can't even get home for tomorrow night!!! Our best season for yonks and my S T goes to the father in law!

Then we will either have to have a terrible run of results from this point or Preston would have won at least 5 of their remaining 6 games including beating us. It could happen ..........but highly unlikely.

Not probable, but I wouldn't say it is highly unlikely. Preston were written off for automatic promotion altogether a few months ago and now they're 5 points away and bang in form. They have been phenomenal for a few months now.

I don't for a moment believe the group will throw it but if they do the blame would have to lie with those responsible for not recruiting a goal scorer to replace Agard.

I'm sure that if Agard has started his last game of the season we will be comfortably home and dry within the next four games.

Archived