IGNORED

Ben Gladwin

old_eastender

22 year old signed from non league, just like Flint, and only 18 months into his league career.

Very promising young player and with obvious potential to improve you'd imagine he's one Cotts. may consider should Swindon stay down.

Watching him tonight and against MK I'd assumed he was one of their young PL loanees, he was that impressive.

What is it with the Pack haters on here?

I've just watched the game back and Pack made countless headers, countless tackles, didn't give the ball away aside from 3 out-balls where there were no other options and was always available for a pass. The only blips were when Gladwin twice got the better of him to get a shot away, and one of those was when Pack had been pulled out to the right back position and had no help from Tav.

Whilst it was not exactly a vintage Pack performance, it was far from what the detractors on here would suggest.

As for Gladwin. Yeah looked decent. Was pretty anonymous 2nd half tho before being subbed. Good performance from him tho.

If I had a realistic pick of Swindle players, I'd ask Southampton if Stephens the CB is available and I'd take Michael Smith as Wilbs' replacement.

And Byrne is probably an upgrade on Little.

The Swindle midfield looked class...........if they had a decent centre half and a goalscorer they could have been challenging for top 2.  At times they ran the show, thank the mighty Lord of crossbars for Fielding...he was superb!

They did challenge. They just failed.

Complacency can set in when you think you've won the league in November.

Very impressed with Gladwin last night - would def consider a sneaky bid if that's what he's about

Reminded me of Chris Waddle the way he ran with the ball off both feet

Powerful runner and a decent striker of a ball

He would almost be something we haven't got - a less skilful, but powerful Luke Freeman (who Imthought was outstanding last night)

I'll probably get ridiculed but I could see Gladwin as a real powerhouse up,front

What is it with the Pack haters on here?

I've just watched the game back and Pack made countless headers, countless tackles, didn't give the ball away aside from 3 out-balls where there were no other options and was always available for a pass. The only blips were when Gladwin twice got the better of him to get a shot away, and one of those was when Pack had been pulled out to the right back position and had no help from Tav.

Whilst it was not exactly a vintage Pack performance, it was far from what the detractors on here would suggest.

Pack has done well since he's come into the team but yesterday his lack mobility was exposed. I thought the tempo of the game was just too quick for him and he was bypassed with ease. I'd be looking for an improvement on him in the Championship for this reason.

Pack has done well since he's come into the team but yesterday his lack mobility was exposed. I thought the tempo of the game was just too quick for him and he was bypassed with ease. I'd be looking for an improvement on him in the Championship for this reason.

I'll have to disagree mate. As I said, I watched it back after getting home and there were only 2 occasions he got beaten by his man. Other than that his lack of mobility was not shown up. I'd agree that it wasn't a great game on his part when it came to the dynamic passing range he has shown, but defensively there were only a couple of times he was beaten. In fact, if you watch it again, Korey is beaten just as much but doesn't get the stick Pack does.

Byrne looked good going forward, but was exposed a number of times defensively by Bryan- especially when Freeman drifted to that side

Gladwin played well, but is basically a more raw, more physically imposing version of Freeman. I'd take Luke every single time

Their midfield 3 were all very impressive, would rather have Kasim or Luongo, who'd fit especially well into our midfield, than Gladwin. Stephens looks half decent, Foderingham is good but not as good as Frankie. Didn't see anything from Smith to make me think he could play in the Championship

I'll have to disagree mate. As I said, I watched it back after getting home and there were only 2 occasions he got beaten by his man. Other than that his lack of mobility was not shown up. I'd agree that it wasn't a great game on his part when it came to the dynamic passing range he has shown, but defensively there were only a couple of times he was beaten. In fact, if you watch it again, Korey is beaten just as much but doesn't get the stick Pack does.

I thought that we were quite standoffish all game. Fair enough we didn't concede but on another day it could have been 3-3 by half time.

I agree with you that Smith looked no better than Pack, the times Pack got done out wide looked bad, but Swindon were ghosting past us with apparent ease, and not just the two midfielders. Second half we started showing them the line instead of letting them come inside and they were then restricted to crossing the ball to 50p head Smith and speculative long range efforts. I haven't watched the game back yet but I think Frank made a few really good saves first half, but I don't remember him having to make any meaningful save in the second.

Also worth pointing out that Pack could have had a hat-trick if the game had been reffed properly!

Archived