IGNORED

Wade Elliott Head Butt

mozo

Did anyone else see the Swindon no 5 step back to inflict a backward headbutt on Wade? It was only moments after Wade came on, they went up for a header and when the ball was cleared, the Swindle lad did a carbon copy of the incident that Wade saw red for last time the teams met. I was low in the Williams so had a good view (unless I imagined it!).

• Admin

Did anyone else see the Swindon no 5 step back to inflict a backward headbutt on Wade? It was only moments after Wade came on, they went up for a header and when the ball was cleared, the Swindle lad did a carbon copy of the incident that Wade saw red for last time the teams met. I was low in the Williams so had a good view (unless I imagined it!).

Nope, missed that one - will watch it back later

No genuinely saw it live but haven't watched the game back. I saw them go up for a header and I guess it was not long before Wade did that silky turn and cross. I only had a couple of ciders pre-match, I promise. I don't know if it connected but he tried and Wade ignored it. I guess they would only do that if they felt Wade had genuinely done so in the away game.

• Admin

No genuinely saw it live but haven't watched the game back. I saw them go up for a header and I guess it was not long before Wade did that silky turn and cross. I only had a couple of ciders pre-match, I promise. I don't know if it connected but he tried and Wade ignored it. I guess they would only do that if they felt Wade had genuinely done so in the away game.

Fair enough, but guess those sort of challenges do happen in the game, maybe just ironic that Wade was on the end of one again

You're a sensible poster Mozo and you and Hotwells both saw it so clearly it happened - I think it was Wilbs ? Went for the header ? Before Elliot's turn but Hotwells explanation would fit it not being in camera shot

Don't think I've seen such bad feeling between players or from a manager for a long time , they (OUR players and manager) kept it all in check fair play

Commentator said City players remembered Swindon players banging on their dressing room door in November giving it the big un

Even that nice lad Joe Bryan was very very 'focused'

Fantastic :D

mozo - I saw exactly the same as you. I was tracking Elliot after he came on and saw the defender jerk his head backwards when Wade was behind him. I think play was stopped at the time and they were both reversing towards the Swindon penalty area

Glad you saw it too mate! Like you, I was intrigued to see how Wade would get on so was watching him closely. I don't think it connected fully, maybe just a glance, but Wade stayed composed and only moments later responded with that silky swivel into the box and cross that nearly led to a near post chance.

Funnily enough I missed all the other Swindon niggles and only knew that Flint had been smashed cos my swindon mate texted me.

All of that adds to the fun of a derby game and i loved the needle and adrenaline.

Archived